Ilford Lane chicken shop reopens after fire devastation
- Credit: Archant
A chicken shop in Ilford has reopened after being damaged by a fire from the kitchen.
Tasty Chicken, in Ilford Lane, was damaged by flames and smoke in March but has now been repaired.
The road was closed and people living in the flat above had to be evacuated when firefighters tackled the blaze.
Manager Ibrar Hussain, 32, was inside the takeaway with two employees when it started.
He said: “There was a flame in the chip fryer and the worker smelt something.
You may also want to watch:
“He tried to put it out but it just got worse and he got out.
“It was pretty scary - it started out small but it got a lot bigger and I evacuated everyone.”
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 3 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 4 Sikh volunteer group hands out food to celebrate International Langar Week
- 5 ‘Hard to comprehend’: MPs react as Sir David Amess dies after stabbing
- 6 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 7 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 8 Six cars damaged and lamppost felled in late-night Loxford crash
- 9 Police warn of 'violence, urination' as takeaway applies for late licence
- 10 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
The flames leapt up from the cooker and set fire to the extractor above.
Fortunately no one was injured and the shop was repaired and is now open as usual.