Frenford & MSA Women FC walk more than 400km for Refuge and UNICEF Yemen
- Credit: Irfan Shah
A charity walk undertaken by Frenford & MSA Women FC has smashed its target, both in terms of distance covered and money raised.
The team aimed to raise £6,000 for Refuge and UNICEF Yemen by walking 200km on March 6.
Instead, they walked 413km and raised £8529, with the Lint Group sponsoring £10 for every kilometre (up to 200km).
Participant Rose Luther said: "These charities support the most vulnerable women and children in our society and abroad. I am very proud to be part of this football team and to have raised so much together."
Sabah Mahmood said: "The success and generosity from friends and family was far beyond my expectation, that’s the most beautiful thing about charity."
You may also want to watch:
Tayyiba Yunis thanked the Lint Group for "helping us exceed our target" with their donation, while Yasmin Hussain feels "extremely proud" to have played her part in helping two organisations which do "incredible work".
- 1 Attempted murder arrest after woman seriously injured in Barkingside
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after elderly woman dies in Clayhall
- 3 Redbridge pubs gear up for outdoor opening
- 4 Criticism of 'comedy of errors' consultation for Wanstead flat extension plans
- 5 Plans submitted for more than 500 homes on former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 6 Prince Philip death: Redbridge pays tribute to Duke of Edinburgh
- 7 Plaistow man denies murdering two men in Goodmayes
- 8 Former Redbridge Council staffer charged with child sexual exploitation crimes in Australia
- 9 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 10 Man in hospital after being slashed multiple times in Wanstead