Ilford Karate club duo win silverware
Yui-Shin Karate Club’s Jan Paulo Cutin and Nialish Ansari picked up four trophies at a recent national Karate competition.
The 16-year-old duo represented the club, based at the Ilford Community Centre, Eton Road, at the 11th Legend Open Shotokan Championships in Bracknell.
Ansari was victorious and picked up the winners trophy in the Kata event, whilst he also finished third in the Kumite.
Meanwhile, Cutin was third in the Kata and edged out his team-mate Ansari to come second in the Kumite.
Xavier Boulanger was delighted with the pairing’s efforts.
You may also want to watch:
“Two of our intermediate students have not only proven their skills but have also been praised by national judges for their manners and discipline,” he said.
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 3 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 4 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 5 Average Redbridge house price nearly £30k higher than last year
- 6 Fire at Ilford Lane shop was accidental, brigade says
- 7 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 8 Strike over Covid working dispute begins at Oaks Park High School
- 9 School Streets scheme to expand in September
- 10 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London