Ilford Jewish Primary pupils pay tribute to outgoing Chief Rabbi Lord Sacks with stage performance
- Credit: Archant
Children had the honour of singing on stage at the Barbican to the outgoing Chief Rabbi as part of his tribute evening.
The pupils from Ilford Jewish Primary School, Carlton Drive, Barkingside sang to Lord Jonathan Sacks, Chief Rabbi of the United Kingdom and the Commonwealth.
During the evening Lord Sacks was interviewed by Sir David Frost followed by a choral finale where the Shabbaton Choir were joined by 300 schoolchildren.
Deborah Harris, Jewish studies coordinator at the school, said: “They performed so well and we are very proud of them.
“I am sure they will remember the event for many years to come. There wasn’t a dry eye in the audience!”
You may also want to watch:
Lord Sacks held the Chief Rabbi position since 1991.
- 1 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 2 Strike over Covid working dispute begins at Oaks Park High School
- 3 Thousands sign petition opposing gas company plan to take over allotments
- 4 New trees to be planted at Fairlop Waters
- 5 Former Met worker sentenced for stealing lost property cash
- 6 Ilford primary teacher joins campaign to get people teaching
- 7 Woodford Green pupil reaches final of national science and engineering competition
- 8 'Beyond my wildest dreams': Redbridge tutor receives MBE
- 9 Ilford charity boss named in Queen’s Birthday Honours
- 10 Redbridge pupils shortlisted in competition to design Olympic Park pavilion