Ilford is busiest mainline station in Redbridge - 6.8million journeys in a year
- Credit: Archant
Ilford train station is the busiest in Redbridge and getting busier, with more than 6.85million entries and exits last year.
There were 130,000 more journeys in 2012/13 than in 2011/12, according to the Office of Rail Regulation.
Goodmayes station was the next most used, with 2.39m, followed by Chadwell Heath with 2.35m.
The fewest journeys were from Seven Kings, where 2.1m entries and exits were recorded.
The Liverpool Street to Shenfield line, currently run by Greater Anglia, is being taken over by Crossrail next year and the new trains will arrive by 2019.
You may also want to watch:
The figures, which compared every Network Rail station in the country, showed London Waterloo was the busiest with a staggering 96m journeys.
- 1 Cash and jewellery taken in Ilford shop robbery
- 2 Car fire on A406 in South Woodford causing 'serious' delays
- 3 Upcycle and recycle market coming to former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 4 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 5 Lloyds Bank announces Gants Hill branch closure
- 6 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 7 MP Sam Tarry: 'Much more needs to be done to support local businesses'
- 8 'I know how much they help': Teacher to continue motivational sessions
- 9 TfL admits wrongly charging supercar driver almost £1k in emission fees
- 10 NHS pilot to end blood test services at two Redbridge sites