Ilford house sells for £100,000 over guide price
- Credit: Archant
A three-storey, mid-terrace house needing improvement in Ilford was the subject of a lengthy bidding war at a packed auction and sold for nearly £100,000 over the guide price.
The property in South Park Road went under the gavel for £432,000 on Monday, February 5.
It was among 133 lots in the auction held by Clive Emson Auctioneers in Chelmsford.
Auctioneer Paul Bridgeman, chairman of the Essex division of the National Association of Estate Agents (NAEA), said: “The bidding went on for nearly 20 minutes and I almost sold this house on six occasions before a new bid came in each time.”
Paul added: “It was incredible, auctioneering at its finest and a fine example of why an auction house is the perfect place to buy and sell bricks and mortar.”
You may also want to watch:
The requires some improvement although there are replacement double glazed windows, a gas heating system and off-street parking to the front.
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 3 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 4 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 5 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 6 Council dishes out £7k of fines in fly-tipping crackdown
- 7 Covid jabs available at town hall clinic
- 8 Fire at Ilford Lane shop was accidental, brigade says
- 9 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 10 Ilford charity boss named in Queen’s Birthday Honours