Ilford house declared safe after fierce fire
A BUILDING has been declared safe more than three hours after a fire took hold on both floors this morning.
Fire crews are damping down the last pockets of fire after the blaze in the house in Sunnyside Road, Ilford.
Crews were called to the scene at just before 6am.
A section of Sunnyside Road between its junction with Grange Road and Windsor Road has been closed while police and fire crews clear up.
A spokesman for the London Fire Brigade said four fire crews were called to the scene this morning.
You may also want to watch:
The fire has damaged both floors of the property as well as its roof.
No one has been injured in the fire.
- 1 Ilford GP criticises NHS patient data sharing plans
- 2 Ilford charity boss named in Queen’s Birthday Honours
- 3 Man jailed after gun and cocaine worth £1m found at Ilford home
- 4 Man with Hainault links wanted on recall to prison
- 5 Hainault woman ordered to pay £1k over Dagenham cigarette littering
- 6 Ilford's Mercato Metropolitano to open in November
- 7 Police officer guilty of spying on woman in the shower
- 8 New entrance opened at Ilford Station to support Elizabeth line
- 9 Fire at block of maisonettes in Wanstead
- 10 Redbridge school's staff to strike over Covid working dispute
It is believed the occupants of the building escaped before firefighters arrived.