Ilford Hill closed down after hand grenade discovery
Emergency services are dealing with an unexploded hand grenade in central Ilford.
Police have closed roads including Chapel Road and set up a police cordon 100m from the threat. Police say that the explosive was found near Becketts House, Ilford Hill and reported at 11am.
A police cordon of 100m has been set up as officers respond to the threat.
Marketing Manager Greig Cranfield wrote on the website Twitter: “Something major going down in Ilford. Roads all closed off, ambulance and police everywhere.”
Ambulance staff are on standby. The Recorder is at the scene and updates will follow.
You may also want to watch:
Did you see the hand grenade? Contact newsdesk on 0208 477 3821.
- 1 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 2 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 3 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 4 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 6 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 7 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 8 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 9 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 10 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath