Ilford hand hack terror: Witness describes seeing pool of blood
A woman has described the bloody aftermath of a vicious attack on an innocent man that saw three robbers hack at his hand with a 12-inch blade.
The 27-year-old victim was beaten to the ground clutching a purple briefcase in Riverdene Road near the junction with Britannia Road, Ilford at about 10.25am on Tuesday, April 10.
The three men fled with the case after the attack, but discarded it shortly after with nothing missing.
A nearby resident, who wishes to remain anonymous, was alerted to the incident by the chilling screams of her daughter.
She said: “I was upstairs when it all happened and I only saw them running away.
You may also want to watch:
“The police and ambulance were actually here for quite a while, they must have been treating him in the back.
“The blood was in a pool on the pavement that left a stain. It was a violent attack and he was seriously bleeding.
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 3 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 4 Where to go for Italian food in Redbridge, according to TripAdvisor
- 5 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 6 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 7 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 8 'Important' business park to be exempt from new planning rules
- 9 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 10 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole
“My daughter thought she saw a stick of something, but she heard someone else use the word machete.”
The victim suffered extensive wounds to his arm, wrist and hand before the three men are believed to have fled in white vehicle.
Police cordened off the area, and a dog unit was seen to search local gardens.
Investigating officer Pc Paul Fuller, from Ilford robbery squad, said: “Doctors initially believed the victim may not fully recover all the function in his hand.
“Fortunately he’s been extremely lucky and is making great progress but it will be some months before he is back to normal.”
The suspects are described as Asian, between the ages of 25-30, with one reported to have a distinctive skinny face and stand about 5ft 8ins tall
A second man is thought to be 5ft 6ins in height, with short black hair and a brown jacket with a fur-type collar.
The third man is simply described as wearing a hooded top.
Police have released images of suspects they want to talk to as they appeal for witnesses to come forward.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 020 8345 2653 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.