Ilford Golf Club mourns death of ‘big character’ John Elmore after heart attack
A member at Ilford Golf Club described as a “big character” has died following a heart attack.
John Elmore, 61, a member for five years at the club in Wanstead Park Road, Ilford, died on Monday night after battling bowel cancer.
Mr Elmore, a cab driver who lived in Barking, was “very popular” at the club, according to its captain, Ian Morgan.
Mr Morgan said: “He will be deeply missed.
“He was quite a big bloke.
You may also want to watch:
“He used to drive a golf buggy around and he was very accident prone. “We used to have quite a laugh about that. “The buggy kept breaking down and he’d have to push it back.”
- 1 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 2 Former Homebase development plans approved
- 3 Redbridge issued more than 2,800 Blue Badge fines in 2020, data shows
- 4 'Uproar' at decision to fell protected oak tree in Hainault
- 5 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 6 Water company apologises for phone line waits as flood response branded 'woefully inadequate'
- 7 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 8 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 9 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 10 Parkrun returns to east London: Where can you join in?