Ilford fun day to raise money for operation to help girl, 10, walk
- Credit: Archant
Help raise money for a life-changing operation for a girl with cerebral palsy at a fun day in Ilford on Sunday.
The family of 10-year-old Esha Ilyas, of Mortlake Road, Ilford, need £36,000 to pay for an operation that could let her walk unaided for the first time.
Mum Manisha Modhvadia said she NHS refused to pay for the selective dorsal rhizotomy, which could stop Esha needing the wheelchair, walking frame, splints and painful treatment she has had since she was a toddler.
It is hoped Esha will have the operation by March so she will be able to walk by the time she starts at secondary school.
Cakes, a bouncy castle, table top sale and henna will be part of the fun at the event at Eton Road Community Centre, Eton Road, Ilford, from 10-4pm on Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
To donate towards the operation, visit www.eshasdreamtowalk.org.uk.
- 1 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 2 Redbridge issued more than 2,800 Blue Badge fines in 2020, data shows
- 3 Former Homebase development plans approved
- 4 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 5 'Uproar' at decision to fell protected oak tree in Hainault
- 6 Water company apologises for phone line waits as flood response branded 'woefully inadequate'
- 7 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 8 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 9 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 10 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder