Ilford foundation head Jack Petchey CBE awarded for work with American accolade
Octogenarian entrepreneur Jack Petchey CBE has been given an American award for his decades of work.
Mr Petchey was presented with the Dale Carnegie Leadership Award by chairman Peter Handal, who flew in from the United States for the occasion last month.
The award recognises organisations or individuals who have shown dedication to local people alongside their business interests.
Mr Petchey, 87, did a Dale Carnegie training course after reading the author’s work How to Win Friends and Influence People.
Before starting his Ilford-based foundation for young people, he founded companies in travel, property and investment.
You may also want to watch:
He said he was proud to accept the award.
Mr Petchey added: “I feel really proud to accept this award, Dale Carnegie was such an inspiration for me.
- 1 Police appeal to find girl, 12, last seen in Wanstead Park
- 2 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 4 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 5 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 6 Panel finds ex-police officer would have been sacked for neighbour comments
- 7 Update: Man charged in connection with alleged sex assault
- 8 Dispersal order issued ahead of fears over ‘illegal music events’
- 9 Woman and children treated for smoke inhalation after Ilford flat fire
- 10 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest
“I just hope that future generations of young people will be able to see that they can achieve – if they really believe they can, they can!”