Ilford footballer, aged eight, shows future promise with tournament success
A young footballer has shown his sporting talent at the age of eight in one of the hardest competitions in the country.
Justin Sargeant, a pupil at Cranbrook School, Mansfield Road, Ilford, played in the final of the Echo Junior Football League, Under-nines Cup last month.
His team unfortunately lost the game 2-1, but Justin scored three goals in the matches leading up to the final.
Justin, who has been proudly showing off his medal, said: “It was very tough.
“The goals were quite sloppy, but they deserved to win. I really enjoyed it.”
You may also want to watch:
Deputy headteacher Ben Mearhart said: “The competition is largely regarded as one of the best and toughest leagues in the country for youngsters. I think he is a budding professional in the making.”
- 1 Upcycle and recycle market coming to former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 2 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 3 Cash and jewellery taken in Ilford shop robbery
- 4 Car fire on A406 in South Woodford causing 'serious' delays
- 5 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 6 MP Sam Tarry: 'Much more needs to be done to support local businesses'
- 7 Travelling in and out of Redbridge? Your guide to road and rail works
- 8 NHS pilot to end blood test services at two Redbridge sites
- 9 Lloyds Bank announces Gants Hill branch closure
- 10 Council leader hails 'affordable' housing development in Wanstead