Ilford firefighter offers tips on enjoying Bonfire Night safely
An Ilford firefighter has offered advice on how to enjoy Bonfire Night while staying safe.
Mark Mills, the blue watch manager at Ilford fire station in High Road, said residents should follow a number of tips while enjoying fireworks and bonfires.
He said: “Observing the minimum distance is an absolute must.
“If a firework doesn’t go off, leave it and don’t approach it.
“If you set up fireworks in your garden, make sure there’s somewhere safe to move to if a firework falls over and fires in the wrong direction.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve been to a number [of incidents] over the years where they’ve fired into people watching.”
He also said residents should buy from reputable sellers; follow instructions carefully and supervise children at all times.
- 1 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 2 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 3 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new café in Redbridge
- 4 Valentines Park bench dedicated to couple described as 'pillars of community'
- 5 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 6 Homebuilder steps back from proposals over rising projected costs
- 7 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 8 Ilford care home nominated for two national awards
- 9 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 10 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
He said: “It’s a very exciting time and we want people to be safe.”