Ilford entrepreneur’s freebie website is named in top businesses list
- Credit: Archant
An excelling entrepreneur’s online freebie portal has been named as one of the country’s top 100 start-ups.
Website latestfreestuff.co.uk, which was set up by Deepak Tailor, 26, of Ingleby Road, Ilford, was named in startups.co.uk’s 2014 list of top businesses.
Mr Tailor’s website offers people the chance to grab a whole host of free goods, from perfumes to bottles of pop, with manufacturers on board to help promote their products.
The idea for the business came about in 2012 after the former Beal High School pupil struggled to find employment after graduating with a Business and Marketing degree.
Mr Tailor said of the industry listing: “It’s really good - it’s unexpected - there’s quite a few big names in there and it’s really good to be listed.
The freebie website, which recently expanded its services to cater to the American market, came 86th in the top startups list.
You may also want to watch:
The Latest Free Stuff founder, who receives about 9,000 website hits a day, added: “It was kind of an accident that turned into a business.”
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 4 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 5 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
- 6 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 7 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 8 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 9 Police warn of 'violence, urination' as takeaway applies for late licence
- 10 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers