Ilford entrepreneur’s freebie website is named in top businesses list
- Credit: Archant
An excelling entrepreneur’s online freebie portal has been named as one of the country’s top 100 start-ups.
Website latestfreestuff.co.uk, which was set up by Deepak Tailor, 26, of Ingleby Road, Ilford, was named in startups.co.uk’s 2014 list of top businesses.
Mr Tailor’s website offers people the chance to grab a whole host of free goods, from perfumes to bottles of pop, with manufacturers on board to help promote their products.
The idea for the business came about in 2012 after the former Beal High School pupil struggled to find employment after graduating with a Business and Marketing degree.
Mr Tailor said of the industry listing: “It’s really good - it’s unexpected - there’s quite a few big names in there and it’s really good to be listed.
The freebie website, which recently expanded its services to cater to the American market, came 86th in the top startups list.
You may also want to watch:
The Latest Free Stuff founder, who receives about 9,000 website hits a day, added: “It was kind of an accident that turned into a business.”
- 1 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 2 Travelling in and out of Redbridge? Your guide to road and rail works
- 3 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 4 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 6 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 7 Woodford Green bomb scare declared false alarm
- 8 Ambulance stations to close and be replaced by single centre, LAS reveals
- 9 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 10 Council dishes out £7k of fines in fly-tipping crackdown