Ilford enterprise hub open for business after public choose name in competition
A new enterprise hub aiming to help wannabe Redbridge entrepreneurs make their ideas a reality has been named in a public competition.
The centre, run by employment training charity Barnabas Workshops in High Road, Ilford, includes a hot desk area with meeting rooms and a creative room for paintings and art.
A judging panel including the chief executive of Barnabas Workshops, Bernadette Benn, and chairman of Ilford Business Improvement District Marc Myers chose the name “The Creative Business Hub”.
Chief executive Bernadette Benn said: “The suggestion came in as Hub Creative but we wanted a name that tells you what it is about but has a little more to it.
“As our centre will be in two parts working together, the three of us took the Creative Hub and, after a long debate, we came up with the name.”
You may also want to watch:
Bev Stratton, who came up with the original suggestion, won a bottle of champagne in the naming competition.
The Recorder is a media partner for the new hub, which aims to give business ideas a boost by providing facilities, expertise and networking.
- 1 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 2 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 3 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 4 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 5 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 6 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 7 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 8 Investigation underway as 20 dead birds recovered from Goodmayes Park lake
- 9 'She has a chance to fight it': Donor match for leukaemia patient Esha
- 10 Motorbike 'deliberately' struck by car in Redbridge, police say
It provides business address, reception support for visitors, secretarial work, human resources, legal support and opportunities to network with other businesses.
The hub is already open for use but the finishing touches with the name and decorations are being completed before an official launch in January.