Ilford enterprise hub open for business after public choose name in competition
A new enterprise hub aiming to help wannabe Redbridge entrepreneurs make their ideas a reality has been named in a public competition.
The centre, run by employment training charity Barnabas Workshops in High Road, Ilford, includes a hot desk area with meeting rooms and a creative room for paintings and art.
A judging panel including the chief executive of Barnabas Workshops, Bernadette Benn, and chairman of Ilford Business Improvement District Marc Myers chose the name “The Creative Business Hub”.
Chief executive Bernadette Benn said: “The suggestion came in as Hub Creative but we wanted a name that tells you what it is about but has a little more to it.
“As our centre will be in two parts working together, the three of us took the Creative Hub and, after a long debate, we came up with the name.”
Bev Stratton, who came up with the original suggestion, won a bottle of champagne in the naming competition.
The Recorder is a media partner for the new hub, which aims to give business ideas a boost by providing facilities, expertise and networking.
- 1 Search continues for man who fled scene of Loxford stabbing
- 2 Events held to mark Ilford Christmas lights switch-on
- 3 Fairlop Waters car park to transform into ice-rink for Christmas
- 4 No more strikes planned at school but dispute resolution unclear
- 5 What are the chances of a white Christmas in London?
- 6 Missing man seen on Chigwell Road found 'safe and well'
- 7 Things to do in east London this weekend
- 8 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 9 Update on search for older man walking barefoot along Chigwell Road
- 10 Waiting almost over as business award winners to be revealed
It provides business address, reception support for visitors, secretarial work, human resources, legal support and opportunities to network with other businesses.
The hub is already open for use but the finishing touches with the name and decorations are being completed before an official launch in January.