Ilford couple renews wedding vows to mark 60th wedding anniversary
- Credit: Archant
A couple celebrated more than half a century worth of memories as they renewed their vows at the same church that they were married in.
Betty, 78, and Phil, 81, Milburn, of Clements Road, Ilford, enjoyed their 60th wedding anniversary at the St Alban’s parish church, in Albert Road, Ilford, the same church they tied the knot in, all them years ago.
She said: “We felt it would be a great way to remember our special day and to mark it as a very important stepping stone not only in our marriage but in our lives.”
The pair originally met when they were children but drifted apart until they once again rekindled their friendship when they were teens.
Betty said: “The attraction was there that’s for sure. He was quite a good looking boy.”
You may also want to watch:
The couple were engaged when they were still in their teens and went on to marry when he was 21 and she was just 18-years-old.
But 60 years later, Betty and Phil’s relationship is stronger than ever, as they renewed their vows with Father Stuart at the church where they first made that commitment.
- 1 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 2 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 3 16-year-old arrested after woman reports sexual assault in South Woodford
- 4 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 5 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 6 Seven Kings School celebrates 90th birthday with fair
- 7 Co-living development green-lit by council despite 'rabbit hutch' rooms
- 8 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 Hainault community garden gets £85k for 'ecotherapy' scheme
She said: “It’s been a wonderful 60 years and I hope to have many more together.”