Ilford commuters face train chaos to Liverpool Street
Commuters by train from Ilford, Seven Kings and Goodmayes are facing massive delays into Liverpool Street this morning.
Delays of up to an hour are stopping people getting to work after rail operator National Express blames problems with “overhead lines” around Bethnal Green.
Liverpool Street was in virtual lockdown at 8am this morning, with all platforms but 13-18 closed by the problems.
One twitter user, Robert Jackson, said: “people clapping the train as we crawl through Forest Gate.”
A statement from National Express East Anglia read: “Overhead wire problems are causing disruption at London Liverpool Street. National Express East Anglia are advising passengers not to travel unless necessary.
You may also want to watch:
“Trains that do run to and from London Liverpool Street are being delayed by up to 60 minutes.”
Tickets are valid on C2C, trains and buses on reasonable routes.
- 1 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 2 Co-living development green-lit by council despite 'rabbit hutch' rooms
- 3 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 4 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 5 Nine Redbridge parks retain Green Flag Award status
- 6 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 7 Seven Kings School celebrates 90th birthday with fair
- 8 Iain Duncan Smith reveals death threat as MPs pay tribute to 'unfailingly kind' colleague
- 9 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 10 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
Are you stuck? Tell us your story on 020 8477 3821 or email email@example.com.