Ilford commuters face train chaos to Liverpool Street
Commuters by train from Ilford, Seven Kings and Goodmayes are facing massive delays into Liverpool Street this morning.
Delays of up to an hour are stopping people getting to work after rail operator National Express blames problems with “overhead lines” around Bethnal Green.
Liverpool Street was in virtual lockdown at 8am this morning, with all platforms but 13-18 closed by the problems.
One twitter user, Robert Jackson, said: “people clapping the train as we crawl through Forest Gate.”
A statement from National Express East Anglia read: “Overhead wire problems are causing disruption at London Liverpool Street. National Express East Anglia are advising passengers not to travel unless necessary.
You may also want to watch:
“Trains that do run to and from London Liverpool Street are being delayed by up to 60 minutes.”
Tickets are valid on C2C, trains and buses on reasonable routes.
- 1 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 2 Strike over Covid working dispute begins at Oaks Park High School
- 3 Thousands sign petition opposing gas company plan to take over allotments
- 4 New trees to be planted at Fairlop Waters
- 5 Former Met worker sentenced for stealing lost property cash
- 6 Ilford primary teacher joins campaign to get people teaching
- 7 Woodford Green pupil reaches final of national science and engineering competition
- 8 'Beyond my wildest dreams': Redbridge tutor receives MBE
- 9 Ilford charity boss named in Queen’s Birthday Honours
- 10 Redbridge pupils shortlisted in competition to design Olympic Park pavilion
Are you stuck? Tell us your story on 020 8477 3821 or email email@example.com.