Ilford comes together to send defiant message to looters
The community will come together tonight as a group expected to total more than 200 show their solidarity in the face of looting and violence.
They will gather outside Redbridge Town Hall, High Road, Ilford at 7pm.
Sikh members of the community will then head down High Road to protect temples in Ilford and Seven Kings for a third night in a row.
Meanwhile, a peaceful gathering is due to take place at 9pm in Ilford Lane, as residents and business owners gather to send a defiant message to those wishing to cause harm.
There was no violence or looting in the borough last night.
You may also want to watch:
But shops were looted in Ilford, Barkingside, Hainault and Woodford Green on Monday morning and Monday night.
Redbridge Police is maintaining a strong presence in the area.
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 3 Neighbours slam council over Christchurch Green kiosk approval
- 4 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 5 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 6 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 7 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 8 Award for officers who tackled knife-wielding man at Ilford station
- 9 Bereaved dad's marathon tribute to son who died of rare brain disorder
- 10 Jailed: Newbury Park man for 'ludicrous' bid to defraud employer of £670k