Ilford comes together to send defiant message to looters
The community will come together tonight as a group expected to total more than 200 show their solidarity in the face of looting and violence.
They will gather outside Redbridge Town Hall, High Road, Ilford at 7pm.
Sikh members of the community will then head down High Road to protect temples in Ilford and Seven Kings for a third night in a row.
Meanwhile, a peaceful gathering is due to take place at 9pm in Ilford Lane, as residents and business owners gather to send a defiant message to those wishing to cause harm.
There was no violence or looting in the borough last night.
You may also want to watch:
But shops were looted in Ilford, Barkingside, Hainault and Woodford Green on Monday morning and Monday night.
Redbridge Police is maintaining a strong presence in the area.
- 1 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 2 Woodford Green bomb scare declared false alarm
- 3 Travelling in and out of Redbridge? Your guide to road and rail works
- 4 Upcycle and recycle market coming to former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 5 Ambulance stations to close and be replaced by single centre, LAS reveals
- 6 Lorry driver cleared over elderly couple's crash deaths, inquest hears
- 7 Clouds, rain and sunny intervals: East London weather forecast this week
- 8 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 9 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 10 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts