Ilford care worker ‘under police investigation’ after watchdog criticisms
A private mental health care home says it has suspended a member of staff following two complaints from an independent health watchdog.
Empress Lodge in Green Lane, Ilford, has been served a formal warning by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) – which orders improvements to be made by January 28.
But the home’s director of care Deep Johal says the complaints relating to the protection of residents from financial abuse, and the failure to maintain accurate records which put residents at risk of receiving “inadequate and inappropriate support with their finances”, have been addressed.
He said: “We identified a member of staff who is now under police investigation.
“We are unable to comment on the nature of this, but our first priority is the care of our residents and I’m confident this has been restored.”
You may also want to watch:
Deputy director of CQC London, Matthew Trainer, said: “This warning sends a clear message that the issues at Empress Lodge need to be addressed as a matter of urgency.
“Our inspectors will return in the near future to carry out another unannounced inspection.”
- 1 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 2 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 3 'Uproar' at decision to fell protected oak tree in Hainault
- 4 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 5 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 6 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross
- 7 Cycling access extended at Wanstead Park
- 8 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 9 Oxford student bids to improve top university access for state school pupils
- 10 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
Mr Johal added: “We have been operating since 2000, and every inspection has been great.
“We want to reassure people this blip in our record has been dealt with and we have an excellent reputation for caring for residents, which is always our main concern.”