Ilford cancer sufferer raises £800 for charity with sponsored head shave
- Credit: Archant
An Ilford woman with breast cancer has raised £800 for charity with a sponsored head shave.
Rita Pabari, 48, presented a cheque to Macmillan’s charity on Tuesday at the Headjog hairdressers in The Exchange Ilford after she has her locks chopped off there in August.
Rita said: “You can’t really ignore the fact that you’ve got cancer so you might as well face it.”
She was diagnosed with cancer in May, and is currently undergoing chemotherapy treatment.
Rita divided the money between three charities: Macmillan Cancer Care, Breast Cancer UK, and Sue’s House, a charity based in Dawlish Drive, Goodmayes.
You may also want to watch:
Sue’s House offers counselling, alternative therapies and support for cancer sufferers.
Rita said: “It’s a real challenge but hopefully this will make women feel the need to check themselves”.
- 1 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 2 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 3 Travelling in and out of Redbridge? Your guide to road and rail works
- 4 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 6 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 7 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 8 Council dishes out £7k of fines in fly-tipping crackdown
- 9 Ambulance stations to close and be replaced by single centre, LAS reveals
- 10 Covid jabs available at town hall clinic