Ilford cancer sufferer raises £800 for charity with sponsored head shave
- Credit: Archant
An Ilford woman with breast cancer has raised £800 for charity with a sponsored head shave.
Rita Pabari, 48, presented a cheque to Macmillan’s charity on Tuesday at the Headjog hairdressers in The Exchange Ilford after she has her locks chopped off there in August.
Rita said: “You can’t really ignore the fact that you’ve got cancer so you might as well face it.”
She was diagnosed with cancer in May, and is currently undergoing chemotherapy treatment.
Rita divided the money between three charities: Macmillan Cancer Care, Breast Cancer UK, and Sue’s House, a charity based in Dawlish Drive, Goodmayes.
You may also want to watch:
Sue’s House offers counselling, alternative therapies and support for cancer sufferers.
Rita said: “It’s a real challenge but hopefully this will make women feel the need to check themselves”.
- 1 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 2 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 3 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 4 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 5 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 6 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 7 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 8 'She has a chance to fight it': Donor match for leukaemia patient Esha
- 9 Investigation underway as 20 dead birds recovered from Goodmayes Park lake
- 10 Motorbike 'deliberately' struck by car in Redbridge, police say