Ilford born man who stole £1.2million jailed for five years
A man has been jailed for five years for the theft of a security van containing £1.2million two decades ago.
Eddie Maher, 57, was jailed at Southwark Crown Court yesterday after spending 20 years on the run in the US.
He was arrested for immigration and firearms offences after the US authorities were informed of his whereabouts by his former daughter-in-law.
Maher stole a Securicor van he was driving from outside a bank in Suffolk.
He was born in Ilford and his mother Elsie lived in Barkingside until her death a few years ago. He was one of 12 children.
You may also want to watch:
Prosecutors are looking for three possible accomplices, including Maher’s brother Michael Maher, as well as Michael Sulsh and Terrence Bender.
- 1 Medical student who helped injured biker calls for more first aid training
- 2 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Police appeal to find girl, 12, last seen in Wanstead Park
- 4 Panel finds ex-police officer would have been sacked for neighbour comments
- 5 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 6 Woman and children treated for smoke inhalation after Ilford flat fire
- 7 Update: Man charged in connection with alleged sex assault
- 8 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest
- 9 Letter: High-density housing plans in Redbridge
- 10 Primary school creates memorial garden for pupils to remember loved ones