Identity of Romanian 24-year-old murdered in Ilford Lane revealed
- Credit: Archant
Police have named the woman who was stabbed to death in Ilford Lane.
Mariana Popa, 24, a Romanian national, was attacked just before midnight on Monday.
A murder investigation was launched when police were called by London Ambulance Service at 12.15am to reports of a woman injured in Ilford Lane, near the junction with Loxford Lane.
Officers attended and she was treated for a stab injury on the floor of a fast food restaurant. She was taken to Royal London Hospital where she died at 1.53am.
Next of kin have been informed and formal identification has taken place.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem examination was conducted on October 29 at East Ham Mortuary and revealed that Ms Popa died due to shock and haemorrhage and stab wounds to the chest.
Detectives from the Homicide and Major Crime Command are leading the investigation.
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 3 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 4 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 5 Fire at Ilford Lane shop was accidental, brigade says
- 6 Average Redbridge house price nearly £30k higher than last year
- 7 Strike over Covid working dispute begins at Oaks Park High School
- 8 School Streets scheme to expand in September
- 9 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 10 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
Anyone with information is asked to call the incident room on 020 8345 3985 or contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
A 48-year-old man was arrested in connection on Tuesday on suspicion of murder.
He was released with no further action later that evening.
No further arrests at this time.