Identity of Romanian 24-year-old murdered in Ilford Lane revealed
- Credit: Archant
Police have named the woman who was stabbed to death in Ilford Lane.
Mariana Popa, 24, a Romanian national, was attacked just before midnight on Monday.
A murder investigation was launched when police were called by London Ambulance Service at 12.15am to reports of a woman injured in Ilford Lane, near the junction with Loxford Lane.
Officers attended and she was treated for a stab injury on the floor of a fast food restaurant. She was taken to Royal London Hospital where she died at 1.53am.
Next of kin have been informed and formal identification has taken place.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem examination was conducted on October 29 at East Ham Mortuary and revealed that Ms Popa died due to shock and haemorrhage and stab wounds to the chest.
Detectives from the Homicide and Major Crime Command are leading the investigation.
- 1 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 2 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 3 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 4 Council seeks public input after York Road anti-social behaviour concerns
- 5 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 6 Homebuilder steps back from proposals over rising projected costs
- 7 Redbridge Tories urge front desk re-opening at Barkingside Police Station
- 8 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 9 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 10 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
Anyone with information is asked to call the incident room on 020 8345 3985 or contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
A 48-year-old man was arrested in connection on Tuesday on suspicion of murder.
He was released with no further action later that evening.
No further arrests at this time.