Hunt begins for Redbridge’s finest flower displays as competition launches with an Olympic twist
This year’s Redbridge in Bloom competition has been launched to dig out the best gardens in the borough.
In celebration of London hosting the Olympic Games, this year’s contest also includes Olympic-inspired categories.
Mayor of Redbridge Cllr Chris Cummins said: “Seeing a floral display is something that definitely brightens up my day and I am pleased to launch the Redbridge in Bloom competition.”
Categories include best front garden and best community display.
Inspiration for the Olympic categories could be taken from using colours from the Olympic rings, different countries’ flags or even floral racing lines.
You may also want to watch:
Marks will be awarded for creativity, colour and overall appearance.
Present at Wednesday’s launch were past competition winners, sponsors and councillors.
- 1 Woman's body found in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Ilford mosque attendees attacked with eggs and stones
- 3 Police car flips over in Chadwell Heath collision
- 4 Man stabbed in Goodmayes
- 5 Detectives hunt for knifepoint phone robber in Woodford Green
- 6 Animals bite rubbish after wheelie bin delivery delay
- 7 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 8 Six males detained after alleged brawl in Gants Hill
- 9 Crunch meeting fails to provide breakthrough in school sick pay dispute
- 10 Teen stabbed in Chadwell Heath
More information is available at www.redbridge.gov.uk and application packs are available in libraries. The closing date is June 29.