Hunt begins for Redbridge’s finest flower displays as competition launches with an Olympic twist
This year’s Redbridge in Bloom competition has been launched to dig out the best gardens in the borough.
In celebration of London hosting the Olympic Games, this year’s contest also includes Olympic-inspired categories.
Mayor of Redbridge Cllr Chris Cummins said: “Seeing a floral display is something that definitely brightens up my day and I am pleased to launch the Redbridge in Bloom competition.”
Categories include best front garden and best community display.
Inspiration for the Olympic categories could be taken from using colours from the Olympic rings, different countries’ flags or even floral racing lines.
You may also want to watch:
Marks will be awarded for creativity, colour and overall appearance.
Present at Wednesday’s launch were past competition winners, sponsors and councillors.
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 4 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 5 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 6 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 7 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
- 8 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 9 Chadwell Heath pharmacy to offer Covid-19 booster jabs with flu vaccine
- 10 Six cars damaged and lamppost felled in late-night Loxford crash
More information is available at www.redbridge.gov.uk and application packs are available in libraries. The closing date is June 29.