Hundreds gather in Redbridge to celebrate creation of Israel
More than 300 people celebrate the creation of Israel with singing, dancing and dinner.
The festivities were held at the Redbridge Jewish Community Centre (RJCC) in Woodford Bridge Road, Redbridge on Wednesday of last week.
Performances included dancing from the Ilford Jewish Primary School, Carlton Drive, Barkingside and singing from the King Solomon High school Choir, Forest Road, Barkingside.
Also performing were the Clore Tikva High School Choir, Fullwell, Barkingside and the Jewish Lads and Girls Brigade brass band.
There were also special guest present including the Carmelin singing and dancing group from the Leo Baeck Education Centre in Haifa who performed a selection of contemporary and traditional routines.
You may also want to watch:
The event was held to commemorate the establishment of Israel 64 years ago.
- 1 Cash and jewellery taken in Ilford shop robbery
- 2 Car fire on A406 in South Woodford causing 'serious' delays
- 3 TfL admits wrongly charging supercar driver almost £1k in emission fees
- 4 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 5 Lloyds Bank announces Gants Hill branch closure
- 6 Upcycle and recycle market coming to former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 7 'I know how much they help': Teacher to continue motivational sessions
- 8 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 9 Parents of man with special educational needs slam council over his care
- 10 MP Sam Tarry: 'Much more needs to be done to support local businesses'