Hundreds gather in Redbridge to celebrate creation of Israel
More than 300 people celebrate the creation of Israel with singing, dancing and dinner.
The festivities were held at the Redbridge Jewish Community Centre (RJCC) in Woodford Bridge Road, Redbridge on Wednesday of last week.
Performances included dancing from the Ilford Jewish Primary School, Carlton Drive, Barkingside and singing from the King Solomon High school Choir, Forest Road, Barkingside.
Also performing were the Clore Tikva High School Choir, Fullwell, Barkingside and the Jewish Lads and Girls Brigade brass band.
There were also special guest present including the Carmelin singing and dancing group from the Leo Baeck Education Centre in Haifa who performed a selection of contemporary and traditional routines.
You may also want to watch:
The event was held to commemorate the establishment of Israel 64 years ago.
- 1 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 2 Award for officers who tackled knife-wielding man at Ilford station
- 3 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 4 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 5 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 6 Hospital's failure to identify neck injury 'contributed' to courier's death, inquest finds
- 7 Bereaved dad's marathon tribute to son who died of rare brain disorder
- 8 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 9 Wanstead rugby youngsters return to action with a win over rivals Woodford
- 10 Council seeks public input after York Road anti-social behaviour concerns