Hull recall Orient loanee Jakupovic again
- Credit: Archant
Orient loan goalkeeper Eldin Jakupovic has been recalled by parent club Hull City again.
The Tigers first choice stopper Allan McGregor was sent off for a second time this season in their defeat to West Ham last night.
Although the red card seemed harsh, the Scot bruised his kidneys in the collision with Mohamed Diame which saw him receive his marching orders.
Hull manager Steve Bruce confirmed McGregor spent last night in hospital.
The Bosnian goalkeeper has been in brilliant form for Orient this season, conceding only six goals in 13 appearances during his time at Brisbane Road. Jakupovic only found himself on the losing side once, in the defeat to promotion rivals Brentford.
You may also want to watch:
The development is likely to see Jamie Jones return to the first team for the first time in more than three months.
He has not played since before Christmas due to a back injury, although there is the possibility that O’s manager Russell Slade will re-enter the loan market to give a sixth goalkeeper this season a spell between the sticks.
- 1 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 2 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 3 16-year-old arrested after woman reports sexual assault in South Woodford
- 4 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 5 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 6 Seven Kings School celebrates 90th birthday with fair
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Co-living development green-lit by council despite 'rabbit hutch' rooms
- 9 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole
- 10 'Urgent' project to protect historic grotto gets approval