Building work begins on new 'affordable' homes at Norman Road
- Credit: © 2021 Justin Thomas
Building work is underway on new “affordable” housing in Loxford.
The Norman Road development is part of a Redbridge Council plan to increase the stock of affordable homes in the borough.
Redbridge Council leader Cllr Jas Athwal and Cllr Vanisha Solanki, cabinet member for housing and homelessness at the authority, were both on site on Monday, November 8, as ground was officially broken and the first pylons laid.
The scheme, which the council expects to be completed by next autumn, consists of five two-bedroom flats and a single one-bedroom flat.
Cllr Solanki said: “We are committed to making sure they are affordable, high-quality homes available for local people in Redbridge.
"Schemes like this one at Norman Road don’t just create much-needed new homes, they also provide a boost to the local economy creating jobs, apprenticeships and business for local suppliers.
"I am looking forward to welcoming families into their new homes when the keys are handed over to them next year.”
- 1 Search continues for man who fled scene of Loxford stabbing
- 2 Fairlop Waters car park to transform into ice-rink for Christmas
- 3 Events held to mark Ilford Christmas lights switch-on
- 4 Missing man seen on Chigwell Road found 'safe and well'
- 5 No more strikes planned at school but dispute resolution unclear
- 6 What are the chances of a white Christmas in London?
- 7 Update on search for older man walking barefoot along Chigwell Road
- 8 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 9 Things to do in east London this weekend
- 10 Waiting almost over as business award winners to be revealed