Homes under the Planner: Applications lodged or approved in Redbridge
- Credit: Google Maps
Interested in what developments could be coming to the borough?
For Redbridge residents who want to be in the know, take a look at our round-up of applications received or determined by the council over the last 30 days.
Please note that this list is non-exhaustive.
For more information on the proposals below, and a full list of all applications, visit the council’s planning portal.
What: This proposal is to change the use of a building once used as a care home into a house in multiple occupation (HMO) for up to 18 people.
Where: 3 Grove Park, Wanstead, E11 2DN
When: March 16 is the target date for a decision - February 19 is the deadline for comments.
- 1 Five jailed after 'cold blooded' murder of Enfield father
- 2 Boy, 2, injured after 'dog attack' at funfair
- 3 Two people arrested following Ilford drugs lab bust
- 4 Update: Sixth arrest following killing of Michael Ugwa
- 5 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 6 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 7 Commission ends safeguarding probe into charity
- 8 VOTE: Which east London fish and chip shop is your favourite?
- 9 7 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in east London
- 10 Ilford man has van crushed, given curfew for Barking and Dagenham fly-tips
Further information: This 12-bedroom property is currently used as single family dwelling house.
The applicants own three other HMO properties which they manage.
What: This proposal is to change the use of a ground floor shop into a restaurant, including making alterations to its front.
Where: 855 High Road, Goodmayes, IG3 8TG
When: This application was approved on February 1.
Further information: The proposal also seeks to install an external ventilation flue.
A previous application was rejected due to insufficient information being provided about the proposed ventilation system.
What: This proposal is to change the use of the basement in this building into a pool hall for the local community.
Where: 210 Ilford Lane, Ilford, IG1 2LW
When: This application was approved on January 12.
Further information: The application makes provision for eight pool/snooker tables.
According to the Design & Access statement, the hall would be open from 11am-11pm seven days a week.
What: The proposal sought to change the use of a ground floor retail premises on Cranbrook Road into a restaurant.
Where: 388 Cranbrook Road, Gants Hill, IG2 6HW
When: This scheme was withdrawn on January 27.
Further information: The outline of this withdrawn scheme - which comes after a previous application was refused in June 2021 - was covered in last month's round-up.