Fire brigade issues warning after Woodford Green house fire
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters have issued a warning after a towel left against a lightbulb caused a fire at a house in Woodford Green.
Crews from Woodford, Chingford and Walthamstow were called to a house in Woodland Way at 4.41pm yesterday (January 16).
When they arrived, three people and two dogs had already left the property.
Most of the roof was damaged by the blaze, but there were no reports of any injuries.
A towel left against a lightbulb which was switched on is believed to have started the fire.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the London Fire Brigade said: "All lightbulbs generate heat at various temperatures so it is very important to keep combustible items as far away from light sources as possible to prevent any fires from starting."
The fire was under control by 5.44pm.
- 1 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 2 Consultation on proposed controlled parking zones to begin
- 3 Almost 250 homes without internet in Goodmayes after car accident takes out telecoms box
- 4 Surplus of primary school places now but shortage expected within 10 years
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 7 Covid outbreak at Woodford Green care home delays vaccinations
- 8 CCTV still issued of man sought in 'vicious and unprovoked' attack in broad daylight in Barkingside supermarket
- 9 Redevelopment plans likely to be approved despite 144 objections
- 10 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays