Lightbulb likely cause of Khartoum Road house fire
- Credit: London Fire Brigade
Half of the roof of an end-of-terrace house in Ilford was damaged following a fire yesterday.
Around 25 firefighters and four fire engines were called to the house fire on Khartoum Road at 7.15pm last night (May 23).
The cause of the fire is believe to have been accidental with London Fire Brigade stating it likely involved a halogen lamp.
There were no reports of any injuries.
The brigade’s 999 Control Officers took 11 calls to the blaze and the fire was under control by 8.18pm.
Fire crews from Ilford, Barking and East Ham fire stations attended the scene.
A LFB spokesperson said: "Lightbulbs can get incredibly hot and can set fire to combustible materials.
- 1 Man dies after being found unresponsive in Valentines Park
- 2 Air ambulance lands after man stabbed in South Woodford
- 3 Homes under the Planner: Applications approved or refused in Redbridge
- 4 Man denies committing GBH during alleged robbery at Barkingside Tesco
- 5 Guilty: Hainault man admits traffic light stabbing
- 6 Teen found guilty of robbing boy, 12, in Romford while carrying knife
- 7 Man collapses as two arrested following Cranbrook Road crash
- 8 Most wanted: 7 people sought in connection with 11 robberies across London
- 9 How many Covid patients are in hospital in east London this week?
- 10 Goodmayes fatal stabbing: Double murder trial set to open
"It's important to keep them away from anything that might catch fire such as books, clothing, sheets and curtains.”