House damaged after fire in Ilford
Firefighters were called to a house in Ilford this morning to deal with a blaze.
It broke out at a property in Hornbeam Close off Loxford Lane at just after 6.30am.
More than 20 crew members from Ilford and Barking stations attended and had the fire under control by 7.10am.
A spokesman for the London Fire Brigade said: “The fire damaged most of the ground floor and around one quarter of the first floor.
“There were no reports of injuries.”
You may also want to watch:
The occupants of the house are on holiday according to family members at the scene.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- 1 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 2 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 3 Fireaway pizza branch to open in South Woodford
- 4 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 5 Covid cases drop at Queen’s and King George hospitals
- 6 Chigwell child sex offender who posed as teen online jailed
- 7 'Very challenging': Ilford businesses still struggling months after return
- 8 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 9 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman
- 10 Which venues have been crowned Redbridge's Hospitality Heroes?