House damaged after fire in Ilford
Firefighters were called to a house in Ilford this morning to deal with a blaze.
It broke out at a property in Hornbeam Close off Loxford Lane at just after 6.30am.
More than 20 crew members from Ilford and Barking stations attended and had the fire under control by 7.10am.
A spokesman for the London Fire Brigade said: “The fire damaged most of the ground floor and around one quarter of the first floor.
“There were no reports of injuries.”
You may also want to watch:
The occupants of the house are on holiday according to family members at the scene.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- 1 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 2 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 3 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 4 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 5 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 6 Maria Rawlings death: Man arrested on suspicion of murder
- 7 New councillors for Loxford and Seven Kings react to by-election wins
- 8 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath