Homes in Redbridge are the most likely to get burgled
Homes in the borough are the most likely to be targeted by burglars compared with the rest of England and Wales, according to a new survey.
ADT, the UK’s leading home security company, conducted a national study of when alarm activations occur and found the peak times are between 7-9am.
It was revealed that properties in Redbridge are targeted the most by burglars, with 28.8 burglaries per 1,000 households.
The study coincides with research amongst convicted burglars that shows an “increasingly professional attitude” and a growing “culture of entitlement” where failure by homeowners to conceal or protect their valuables is seen as an “invitation to burgle”.
The research also offered in sights into key deterrents which would drive criminal gangs away from a property.
You may also want to watch:
These include gravel driveways, dogs, new, secure-looking doors and locks, sensor lights and CCTV.
For more information please visit www.adt.co.uk/alarm-activations-in-england-wales/
- 1 Thirteen-year-old boy stabbed in Ilford
- 2 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 3 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 4 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 5 Co-living development green-lit by council despite 'rabbit hutch' rooms
- 6 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
- 7 Seven Kings School celebrates 90th birthday with fair
- 8 16-year-old arrested after woman reports sexual assault in South Woodford
- 9 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 10 Hainault community garden gets £85k for 'ecotherapy' scheme