Homes in Redbridge are the most likely to get burgled
Homes in the borough are the most likely to be targeted by burglars compared with the rest of England and Wales, according to a new survey.
ADT, the UK’s leading home security company, conducted a national study of when alarm activations occur and found the peak times are between 7-9am.
It was revealed that properties in Redbridge are targeted the most by burglars, with 28.8 burglaries per 1,000 households.
The study coincides with research amongst convicted burglars that shows an “increasingly professional attitude” and a growing “culture of entitlement” where failure by homeowners to conceal or protect their valuables is seen as an “invitation to burgle”.
The research also offered in sights into key deterrents which would drive criminal gangs away from a property.
You may also want to watch:
These include gravel driveways, dogs, new, secure-looking doors and locks, sensor lights and CCTV.
For more information please visit www.adt.co.uk/alarm-activations-in-england-wales/
- 1 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 2 Woodford Green bomb scare declared false alarm
- 3 Travelling in and out of Redbridge? Your guide to road and rail works
- 4 Upcycle and recycle market coming to former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 5 Ambulance stations to close and be replaced by single centre, LAS reveals
- 6 Lorry driver cleared over elderly couple's crash deaths, inquest hears
- 7 Clouds, rain and sunny intervals: East London weather forecast this week
- 8 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 9 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 10 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts