Homeless man dies after collapsing in Ilford alleyway
A HOMELESS man died after he was found collapsed in an alley suffering cardiac arrest.
The Albanian man, reported to be aged in his 50s, was spotted by a woman in the alleyway off Ley Street, Ilford, at around 9.45am this morning.
Paramedics rushed to the scene and tried to resuscitate the man, before taking him to King George Hospital, Barley Lane, Goodmayes, where he was pronounced dead.
Police are not treating the death as suspicious and said they do not yet know the identity of the man.
Neighbours said officers remained at the scene until lunchtime searching for clues.
One resident, who lives near the alley, said: “A woman saw the body this morning and police have been here since.
“They think he might have had a heart attack.”
- 1 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 2 Police no longer looking for man wanted in connection with assault
- 3 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 4 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 5 Patients with Covid in east London hospitals fall after rising for weeks
- 6 More headliners announced for We Are FSTVL 2022
- 7 TfL welcomes RMT decision to suspend first round of strike action
- 8 Men jailed for using explosives in string of ATM thefts
- 9 'Government should rethink their plans': Masks still required on TfL
- 10 Dog units 'really good tool' to help police tackle violent crime, officers say
Another resident added: “I saw the police near there this morning.
“We have seen them called to that alleyway before because of problems but they were there for much longer today.”
Anyone with information about the man’s identity can call 0300 123 1212.