Homeless man dies after collapsing in Ilford alleyway
A HOMELESS man died after he was found collapsed in an alley suffering cardiac arrest.
The Albanian man, reported to be aged in his 50s, was spotted by a woman in the alleyway off Ley Street, Ilford, at around 9.45am this morning.
Paramedics rushed to the scene and tried to resuscitate the man, before taking him to King George Hospital, Barley Lane, Goodmayes, where he was pronounced dead.
Police are not treating the death as suspicious and said they do not yet know the identity of the man.
Neighbours said officers remained at the scene until lunchtime searching for clues.
You may also want to watch:
One resident, who lives near the alley, said: “A woman saw the body this morning and police have been here since.
“They think he might have had a heart attack.”
- 1 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 2 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 3 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 4 Homebuilder steps back from proposals over rising projected costs
- 5 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 6 Council seeks public input after York Road anti-social behaviour concerns
- 7 Ilford care home nominated for two national awards
- 8 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 9 Valentines Park bench dedicated to couple described as 'pillars of community'
- 10 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
Another resident added: “I saw the police near there this morning.
“We have seen them called to that alleyway before because of problems but they were there for much longer today.”
Anyone with information about the man’s identity can call 0300 123 1212.