Homeless man dies after collapsing in Ilford alleyway
A HOMELESS man died after he was found collapsed in an alley suffering cardiac arrest.
The Albanian man, reported to be aged in his 50s, was spotted by a woman in the alleyway off Ley Street, Ilford, at around 9.45am this morning.
Paramedics rushed to the scene and tried to resuscitate the man, before taking him to King George Hospital, Barley Lane, Goodmayes, where he was pronounced dead.
Police are not treating the death as suspicious and said they do not yet know the identity of the man.
Neighbours said officers remained at the scene until lunchtime searching for clues.
You may also want to watch:
One resident, who lives near the alley, said: “A woman saw the body this morning and police have been here since.
“They think he might have had a heart attack.”
- 1 Woman's body found in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Ilford mosque attendees attacked with eggs and stones
- 3 Police car flips over in Chadwell Heath collision
- 4 Man stabbed in Goodmayes
- 5 Detectives hunt for knifepoint phone robber in Woodford Green
- 6 Animals bite rubbish after wheelie bin delivery delay
- 7 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 8 Crunch meeting fails to provide breakthrough in school sick pay dispute
- 9 Teen stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Six males detained after alleged brawl in Gants Hill
Another resident added: “I saw the police near there this morning.
“We have seen them called to that alleyway before because of problems but they were there for much longer today.”
Anyone with information about the man’s identity can call 0300 123 1212.