Homeless man dies after collapsing in Ilford alleyway
A HOMELESS man died after he was found collapsed in an alley suffering cardiac arrest.
The Albanian man, reported to be aged in his 50s, was spotted by a woman in the alleyway off Ley Street, Ilford, at around 9.45am this morning.
Paramedics rushed to the scene and tried to resuscitate the man, before taking him to King George Hospital, Barley Lane, Goodmayes, where he was pronounced dead.
Police are not treating the death as suspicious and said they do not yet know the identity of the man.
Neighbours said officers remained at the scene until lunchtime searching for clues.
You may also want to watch:
One resident, who lives near the alley, said: “A woman saw the body this morning and police have been here since.
“They think he might have had a heart attack.”
- 1 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 2 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 3 Spiritual Life: What next for the great Hindu temples of Redbridge?
- 4 Funeral service for 'giant of Aldborough Hatch' Ron Jeffries to be streamed on Facebook
- 5 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 6 Charge! New fleet of electric vehicles for Redbridge Council
- 7 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 8 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 9 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 10 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
Another resident added: “I saw the police near there this morning.
“We have seen them called to that alleyway before because of problems but they were there for much longer today.”
Anyone with information about the man’s identity can call 0300 123 1212.