Help raise thousands for Woodford Green special school with golf day
Volunteers are hoping to raise thousands of pounds for a special school in Woodford Green with a charity golf day.
Governor Gulnawaz Yasin wants people to join the event at Woolston Manor Golf Club, in Chigwell, in aid of Hatton School on September 22.
Money raised will go towards sensory classroom equipment and could buy an outdoor swing and trampoline for children at the school, in Roding Lane South.
Mr Yasin said: “These items will go a long way towards helping the kids’ personal development and wellbeing.”
There will also be a charity raffle with prizes worth over £800 to be won and an auction.
You may also want to watch:
The school has pupils with autism, social and communication difficulties, speech and language needs and learning difficulties.
Tickets for the day are £50 per person (£30 for Woolston Manor Golf Club members), which includes green fees, an evening meal and golf tournament prices.
- 1 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 2 Co-living development green-lit by council despite 'rabbit hutch' rooms
- 3 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 4 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 5 Nine Redbridge parks retain Green Flag Award status
- 6 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 7 Seven Kings School celebrates 90th birthday with fair
- 8 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
- 9 Iain Duncan Smith reveals death threat as MPs pay tribute to 'unfailingly kind' colleague
- 10 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
To join the golf day, call Mr Yasin on 07958 592 752 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.