Help find missing Collier Row man who disappeared from hospital after trying to self harm
- Credit: Archant
A man who was admitted to hospital on Thursday after attempting to self harm has gone missing – and police are appealing for the public’s help in finding him.
Shane Gooding, 29, was admitted to Queen’s Hospital, Rom Valley Way, Romford, and was last seen at the hospital at about 10pm on Friday when he went outside for a cigarette.
A spokesman for the Metropolitan Police said: “Shane has a history of depression and his family and friends have serious concerns for his welfare. Medical staff are also concerned for his wellbeing as Shane requires ongoing treatment.”
Shane, of Collier Row, is white and of slim build.
He was last seen wearing blue or black coloured jeans, a white hooded jacket with a zip at the front and white trainers.
You may also want to watch:
Shane also has two tattoos - one saying “Jack” on the lower arm and one saying “Mum” on his upper arm.
Anyone who has seen Shane or knows of his whereabouts should call Romford CID on 101, or contact Missing People on 116 000.
- 1 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 2 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 3 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new café in Redbridge
- 4 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 5 Valentines Park bench dedicated to couple described as 'pillars of community'
- 6 Homebuilder steps back from proposals over rising projected costs
- 7 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 8 Ilford care home nominated for two national awards
- 9 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 10 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford