Helicopter, riot police and dog teams at fun day in Woodford Green
- Credit: Archant
A police helicopter hovered over Woodford Green on Sunday as riot police moved in on the ground.
But it was all part of fun demonstrations at a Met Police experience day at Bancroft’s School, in High Road.
On Sunday 6th October 2013 the Redbridge Police Safer Schools Team organised a Met Police experience day at Bancroft’s School in Woodford Green.
The event was held to give residents an insight into the different departments of the the force.
Riot police demonstrated shield tactics, police dogs gave demonstrations and units including forensics, the community police team, traffic and the safer transport team.
You may also want to watch:
Children got to climb into police vans and cars, try a fingertip evidence search, have their footprints taken and play on bouncy castles.
PCSO Joe Gregory said: “It was a great day. We had about 300 visitors and it was lovely interacting with them as they showed a lot of interest and support in what we do.
- 1 Cash and jewellery taken in Ilford shop robbery
- 2 Car fire on A406 in South Woodford causing 'serious' delays
- 3 Upcycle and recycle market coming to former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 4 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 5 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 6 Lloyds Bank announces Gants Hill branch closure
- 7 MP Sam Tarry: 'Much more needs to be done to support local businesses'
- 8 'I know how much they help': Teacher to continue motivational sessions
- 9 NHS pilot to end blood test services at two Redbridge sites
- 10 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
“We even managed to recuit some new youths for our Volunteer Police Cadets and Special Constable schemes.”
Proceeds from the event went to Help for Heroes.