Helicopter, riot police and dog teams at fun day in Woodford Green
- Credit: Archant
A police helicopter hovered over Woodford Green on Sunday as riot police moved in on the ground.
But it was all part of fun demonstrations at a Met Police experience day at Bancroft’s School, in High Road.
On Sunday 6th October 2013 the Redbridge Police Safer Schools Team organised a Met Police experience day at Bancroft’s School in Woodford Green.
The event was held to give residents an insight into the different departments of the the force.
Riot police demonstrated shield tactics, police dogs gave demonstrations and units including forensics, the community police team, traffic and the safer transport team.
You may also want to watch:
Children got to climb into police vans and cars, try a fingertip evidence search, have their footprints taken and play on bouncy castles.
PCSO Joe Gregory said: “It was a great day. We had about 300 visitors and it was lovely interacting with them as they showed a lot of interest and support in what we do.
- 1 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 2 Award for officers who tackled knife-wielding man at Ilford station
- 3 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 4 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 5 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 6 Hospital's failure to identify neck injury 'contributed' to courier's death, inquest finds
- 7 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 8 Bereaved dad's marathon tribute to son who died of rare brain disorder
- 9 New Covid vaccine centres to open across east London
- 10 Council seeks public input after York Road anti-social behaviour concerns
“We even managed to recuit some new youths for our Volunteer Police Cadets and Special Constable schemes.”
Proceeds from the event went to Help for Heroes.