Heavy rain leads to postponement of Woodford Green summer fair and TOWIE photoshoot
An annual summer fair and a celebrity photoshoot featuring TOWIE stars in Woodford Green has been postponed because of the heavy rain in recent weeks.
Haven House Children’s Hospice in High Road has cancelled its fair on Sunday which was due to feature Sam and Billie Faiers from hit TV show The Only Way is Essex.
Mike Palfreman, the hospice’s chief executive, said: “Our lovely wooded surroundings are saturated at present and with continuous rain forecast for the next week or so, it would be foolish and potentially hazardous to go ahead.
“We have rescheduled the event for later in the summer and we are hoping for much drier weather then.”
It will now be held on July 22 from noon.
You may also want to watch:
The TOWIE sisters have pledged their support for future hospice events.
- 1 Chigwell rabbi hospitalised after 'unprovoked and cowardly attack'
- 2 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 3 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 4 Ilford murder investigation launched after woman dies of injuries
- 5 Police meet with Jewish communities after attack on rabbi in Chigwell
- 6 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 7 Two men arrested on suspicion of GBH following hospitalisation of rabbi
- 8 Man tried to become comic book character by stabbing teen in park toilets
- 9 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 10 Clayhall pupils grill Matt Hancock and Dominic Raab