Heavy rain leads to postponement of Woodford Green summer fair and TOWIE photoshoot
An annual summer fair and a celebrity photoshoot featuring TOWIE stars in Woodford Green has been postponed because of the heavy rain in recent weeks.
Haven House Children’s Hospice in High Road has cancelled its fair on Sunday which was due to feature Sam and Billie Faiers from hit TV show The Only Way is Essex.
Mike Palfreman, the hospice’s chief executive, said: “Our lovely wooded surroundings are saturated at present and with continuous rain forecast for the next week or so, it would be foolish and potentially hazardous to go ahead.
“We have rescheduled the event for later in the summer and we are hoping for much drier weather then.”
It will now be held on July 22 from noon.
You may also want to watch:
The TOWIE sisters have pledged their support for future hospice events.
- 1 Police appeal to find girl, 12, last seen in Wanstead Park
- 2 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 3 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 4 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 5 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 6 Walk-in Covid vaccinations on offer at Valentines Park health fair
- 7 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest
- 8 Man wanted for allegedly driving 'recklessly' in Ilford with baby in car
- 9 Plans for retail park development move step closer
- 10 Update: Man charged in connection with alleged sex assault