Heavy rain leads to postponement of Woodford Green summer fair and TOWIE photoshoot
An annual summer fair and a celebrity photoshoot featuring TOWIE stars in Woodford Green has been postponed because of the heavy rain in recent weeks.
Haven House Children’s Hospice in High Road has cancelled its fair on Sunday which was due to feature Sam and Billie Faiers from hit TV show The Only Way is Essex.
Mike Palfreman, the hospice’s chief executive, said: “Our lovely wooded surroundings are saturated at present and with continuous rain forecast for the next week or so, it would be foolish and potentially hazardous to go ahead.
“We have rescheduled the event for later in the summer and we are hoping for much drier weather then.”
It will now be held on July 22 from noon.
You may also want to watch:
The TOWIE sisters have pledged their support for future hospice events.
- 1 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 2 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 3 Co-living development green-lit by council despite 'rabbit hutch' rooms
- 4 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
- 5 Nine Redbridge parks retain Green Flag Award status
- 6 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 7 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 8 Anti-hate crime workshops to be delivered in Redbridge
- 9 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
- 10 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development