Woodford Green toddler recovering from leukaemia as family blog nominated for national award
- Credit: Archant
A Woodford Green toddler is showing promising signs of recovery as her hair grows back after months of chemotherapy.
Two-year-old Yasmin Parsons, of Danbury Way, is now on maintenance treatment at Great Ormond Street Hospital following more intensive procedures.
Mum Karen Attwood, said: “Yasmin is now doing very well after a bout of pneumonia.
“Her hair has started to grow back and she looks impossibly cute.
“She has been enjoying the warm weather with her brother and has been running around outside like any normal toddler.”
You may also want to watch:
Journalist Karen has been writing a blog with husband Andrew Parsons on the family’s life with cancer to raise money for Great Ormond Street.
So far, they have raised more than £25,000 and Our Life With Leukaemia has been nominated for a national blogging award.
- 1 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 2 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 3 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 4 Ilford business owners adjust to new world on reopening
- 5 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap
- 6 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 7 Man in hospital after car flips over in Wanstead
- 8 Barkingside axe attack: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, police appeal for witnesses
- 9 Attempted murder arrest after woman seriously injured in Barkingside
- 10 Temporary post office to open in South Woodford
The website has made the shortlist in the “inspire and commentary” categories of the Brilliance in Blogging Britmums Awards.
Karen said she was “over the moon” with the nomination but needs as many votes as possible to make the final six.
Voting opens on Tuesday until May 12. Vote at www.britmums.com/bib-awards-2/announcing-the-bibs-shortlist.
Read the blog and donate to Great Ormond Street at www.ourlifewithleukaemia.blogspot.co.uk.