Woodford Green toddler recovering from leukaemia as family blog nominated for national award
- Credit: Archant
A Woodford Green toddler is showing promising signs of recovery as her hair grows back after months of chemotherapy.
Two-year-old Yasmin Parsons, of Danbury Way, is now on maintenance treatment at Great Ormond Street Hospital following more intensive procedures.
Mum Karen Attwood, said: “Yasmin is now doing very well after a bout of pneumonia.
“Her hair has started to grow back and she looks impossibly cute.
“She has been enjoying the warm weather with her brother and has been running around outside like any normal toddler.”
You may also want to watch:
Journalist Karen has been writing a blog with husband Andrew Parsons on the family’s life with cancer to raise money for Great Ormond Street.
So far, they have raised more than £25,000 and Our Life With Leukaemia has been nominated for a national blogging award.
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 4 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 5 ‘Hard to comprehend’: MPs react as Sir David Amess dies after stabbing
- 6 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
- 7 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 8 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 9 Six cars damaged and lamppost felled in late-night Loxford crash
- 10 Chadwell Heath pharmacy to offer Covid-19 booster jabs with flu vaccine
The website has made the shortlist in the “inspire and commentary” categories of the Brilliance in Blogging Britmums Awards.
Karen said she was “over the moon” with the nomination but needs as many votes as possible to make the final six.
Voting opens on Tuesday until May 12. Vote at www.britmums.com/bib-awards-2/announcing-the-bibs-shortlist.
Read the blog and donate to Great Ormond Street at www.ourlifewithleukaemia.blogspot.co.uk.