Whipps Cross Hospital appointments to be cancelled due to winter pressures
- Credit: Archant
Some patients at Whipps Cross Hospital will see their appointments delayed due to winter pressures.
Barts Health NHS Trust, which runs the hospital, has said that some non-urgent outpatient appointments during January will be postponed “to make sure our clinical staff are free to treat urgent cases and emergencies”.
All cancer operations and time-critical procedures at all of the trust’s hospitals will go ahead as planned.
The National Emergency Pressures Panel met on January 2 to activate the new NHS’s Winter Pressures Protocol which includes deferring non-urgent operations.
A spokeswoman for Barts Health said: “We will make every effort to make sure as many planned procedures and appointments as possible take place during this busy period.
You may also want to watch:
“Patients with any appointments or planned operations should attend our hospitals as normal unless they are contacted by us.”
The trust has also urged people to use its services responsibly, by visiting pharmacies for minor ailments and calling the free NHS 111 service for urgent advice.
- 1 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 2 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 3 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 4 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 5 Fireaway pizza branch to open in South Woodford
- 6 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 7 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 8 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 9 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman
- 10 Covid cases drop at Queen’s and King George hospitals