Whipps Cross Hospital appointments to be cancelled due to winter pressures
- Credit: Archant
Some patients at Whipps Cross Hospital will see their appointments delayed due to winter pressures.
Barts Health NHS Trust, which runs the hospital, has said that some non-urgent outpatient appointments during January will be postponed “to make sure our clinical staff are free to treat urgent cases and emergencies”.
All cancer operations and time-critical procedures at all of the trust’s hospitals will go ahead as planned.
The National Emergency Pressures Panel met on January 2 to activate the new NHS’s Winter Pressures Protocol which includes deferring non-urgent operations.
A spokeswoman for Barts Health said: “We will make every effort to make sure as many planned procedures and appointments as possible take place during this busy period.
You may also want to watch:
“Patients with any appointments or planned operations should attend our hospitals as normal unless they are contacted by us.”
The trust has also urged people to use its services responsibly, by visiting pharmacies for minor ailments and calling the free NHS 111 service for urgent advice.
- 1 Ilford man raises awareness of 'life-saving' gadget after dad's death
- 2 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 3 Funeral service for 'giant of Aldborough Hatch' Ron Jeffries to be streamed on Facebook
- 4 Woman had phone stolen at knife-point in Woodford Green
- 5 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 6 Chigwell school puts pupils' baking skills to the test
- 7 'Scrapping Universal Credit uplift will lead to poverty', MP says
- 8 Charge! New fleet of electric vehicles for Redbridge Council
- 9 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 10 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence