Which Redbridge pharmacies are open throughout Christmas and New Year?
- Credit: Archant
Here is a list of all the pharmacies across Redbridge that are open on Christmas Day, Boxing Day or New Year’s Day this year.
Britannia Pharmacy in Aldborough Road South, Seven Kings, will be open from 8am–8pm on all three bank holidays.
On the same days Gold’s Pharmacy in Seven Ways Parade, Woodford Avenue, Gants Hill, will be open from 9.30am to 10pm, while Fairlop Pharmacy will open from midday to midnight.
Ocean Healthcare in South Woodford High Road is also open on all three days, from 9am-10pm.
Beehive Pharmacy in Beehive Lane, Gants Hill, is operating from 9am-5pm on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day.
You may also want to watch:
Britannia Pharmacy at Loxford Polyclinic, in Ilford Lane, will also welcome residents from 8am-8pm on those days, while the Britannia Pharmacy in Green Lane, Seven Kings, is closed on December 25 but open from 10am-6pm on Boxing Day and New Year’s Day.
Both Boots Chemists in Ilford High Road and the ones in Wanstead High Street and George Lane, South Woodford, will be closed on Christmas Day, but will open during business hours on December 26 and January 1.
- 1 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 2 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 3 Waste reduction campaign launches with Redbridge fifth largest rubbish producer in England
- 4 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 5 Man in hospital after car flips over in Wanstead
- 6 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 7 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 8 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 9 Attempted murder arrest after woman seriously injured in Barkingside
- 10 Barkingside axe attack: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, police appeal for witnesses
Lloyds Pharmacy Sainsbury’s, in King George Avenue, Ilford, is closed on Christmas Day but open from 10am-4pm on the other two bank holidays.
Wanstead Pharmacy in Wanstead High Street, is open from 10am-2pm on Boxing Day and New Year’s Day.
Pharmacists offer expert, confidential advice and treatment for many minor health problems including; coughs, colds, minor injuries, tummy troubles, allergies and general aches and pains.
Hemant Patel, secretary of the local pharmaceutical committee for north-east London, said: “Many people do not realise how useful pharmacies can be, your local pharmacist can help you with more than you might think.
“Pharmacists complete a 5 year clinical course and can offer expert, confidential advice and treatment for many minor health problems, particularly winter illnesses such as coughs, sore throats and runny noses.
“We would also encourage patients to order any medication they need in plenty of time so they have a good supply during the festive period – and don’t forget to take your medicines with you if you go away.”
If you need medical help urgently, NHS 111 is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, including Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
Simply call 111 from your landline or mobile to access advice. If you need to be seen, they will be able to direct you to the best service.
Please do not forget that Accident and Emergency at your local hospital should not be used unless it is for critical or life threatening illness or injury.
For more information on what you can do to stay well this winter, please visit nhs.uk/staywell.