Surprise party for woman who worked at Barkingside medical centre for more than thirty years
- Credit: Archant
A woman who has worked at a Barkingside medical centre for more than thirty years got a pleasant surprise when her friends and co- workers organised a party to mark her retirement.
Christine Pulham, 62, from Chigwell, has been working as a secretary at the Fullwell Cross Medical Centre, Tomswood Hill, Barkingside, for 34 years.
Her co- worker Anne Carter, an administration clerk, helped plan a surprise party at the centre, after it was decided this would be the perfect way to mark the occasion and say goodbye.
Asked if she would miss working with Christine, Anne replied “Absolutely.
“She’s very helpful, you can ask her anything. She gets on with anyone and she’s very friendly and reliable”.
You may also want to watch:
Anne has been working at the centre for 28 years.
“We tend to stay a long time!” she said.
- 1 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 2 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 3 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 4 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 5 Fireaway pizza branch to open in South Woodford
- 6 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 7 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 8 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 9 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman
- 10 Covid cases drop at Queen’s and King George hospitals