Surprise party for woman who worked at Barkingside medical centre for more than thirty years
- Credit: Archant
A woman who has worked at a Barkingside medical centre for more than thirty years got a pleasant surprise when her friends and co- workers organised a party to mark her retirement.
Christine Pulham, 62, from Chigwell, has been working as a secretary at the Fullwell Cross Medical Centre, Tomswood Hill, Barkingside, for 34 years.
Her co- worker Anne Carter, an administration clerk, helped plan a surprise party at the centre, after it was decided this would be the perfect way to mark the occasion and say goodbye.
Asked if she would miss working with Christine, Anne replied “Absolutely.
“She’s very helpful, you can ask her anything. She gets on with anyone and she’s very friendly and reliable”.
Anne has been working at the centre for 28 years.
“We tend to stay a long time!” she said.
- 1 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 2 Man with Woodford Green links wanted in connection with assault
- 3 'Government should rethink their plans': Masks still required on TfL
- 4 Men jailed for using explosives in string of ATM thefts
- 5 Patients with Covid in east London hospitals fall after rising for weeks
- 6 More headliners announced for We Are FSTVL 2022
- 7 Young Citizen: Teen nominated after revealing Covid fight to inspire jabs
- 8 Almost 3,000 Barts Health hospital staff yet to have Covid jab, figures show
- 9 Bus timetable change to 'better align' with hospital shifts
- 10 Votes set to be cast for borough's next youth parliament members