Surprise party for woman who worked at Barkingside medical centre for more than thirty years
- Credit: Archant
A woman who has worked at a Barkingside medical centre for more than thirty years got a pleasant surprise when her friends and co- workers organised a party to mark her retirement.
Christine Pulham, 62, from Chigwell, has been working as a secretary at the Fullwell Cross Medical Centre, Tomswood Hill, Barkingside, for 34 years.
Her co- worker Anne Carter, an administration clerk, helped plan a surprise party at the centre, after it was decided this would be the perfect way to mark the occasion and say goodbye.
Asked if she would miss working with Christine, Anne replied “Absolutely.
“She’s very helpful, you can ask her anything. She gets on with anyone and she’s very friendly and reliable”.
You may also want to watch:
Anne has been working at the centre for 28 years.
“We tend to stay a long time!” she said.
- 1 Consultation on proposed controlled parking zones to begin
- 2 Surplus of primary school places now but shortage expected within 10 years
- 3 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 4 Almost 250 homes without internet in Goodmayes after car accident takes out telecoms box
- 5 Covid outbreak at Woodford Green care home delays vaccinations
- 6 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 7 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays
- 8 Redevelopment plans likely to be approved despite 144 objections
- 9 Life sentence for Chigwell man convicted of murder
- 10 Double murder arrest as dramatic footage shows police detaining woman