Surprise party for woman who worked at Barkingside medical centre for more than thirty years
- Credit: Archant
A woman who has worked at a Barkingside medical centre for more than thirty years got a pleasant surprise when her friends and co- workers organised a party to mark her retirement.
Christine Pulham, 62, from Chigwell, has been working as a secretary at the Fullwell Cross Medical Centre, Tomswood Hill, Barkingside, for 34 years.
Her co- worker Anne Carter, an administration clerk, helped plan a surprise party at the centre, after it was decided this would be the perfect way to mark the occasion and say goodbye.
Asked if she would miss working with Christine, Anne replied “Absolutely.
“She’s very helpful, you can ask her anything. She gets on with anyone and she’s very friendly and reliable”.
You may also want to watch:
Anne has been working at the centre for 28 years.
“We tend to stay a long time!” she said.
- 1 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 2 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 3 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 4 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 5 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 6 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 7 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 8 Former Ilford South MP opens up on Labour departure in new book
- 9 Covid hospital admissions and deaths in stark decline, NHS trust data shows
- 10 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford