Sun, scones and stars at Redbridge WIZO event
- Credit: Archant
Boiling hot weather was a bonus for the women of Redbridge Women’s International Zionist Organisation (WIZO) as they hosted a strawberry tea with a special guest.
Manny Robinson, a former editor of the Essex Jewish News, gave a talk about Hollywood in the 1940s.
The group held their fundraising event at the Old Parkonians Association, Forest Road, Barkingside, last Tuesday, and raised £850 for underprivileged women and children in Israel.
Redbridge WIZO secretary Elsa Linder said the day had been a great success.
She said: “It was a very good day but absolutely boiling.
You may also want to watch:
“More than 60 people attended the talk, and we raised a great deal of money for a good cause.”
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 4 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 5 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 6 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
- 7 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 8 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 9 Chadwell Heath pharmacy to offer Covid-19 booster jabs with flu vaccine
- 10 Six cars damaged and lamppost felled in late-night Loxford crash