Sun, scones and stars at Redbridge WIZO event
- Credit: Archant
Boiling hot weather was a bonus for the women of Redbridge Women’s International Zionist Organisation (WIZO) as they hosted a strawberry tea with a special guest.
Manny Robinson, a former editor of the Essex Jewish News, gave a talk about Hollywood in the 1940s.
The group held their fundraising event at the Old Parkonians Association, Forest Road, Barkingside, last Tuesday, and raised £850 for underprivileged women and children in Israel.
Redbridge WIZO secretary Elsa Linder said the day had been a great success.
She said: “It was a very good day but absolutely boiling.
You may also want to watch:
“More than 60 people attended the talk, and we raised a great deal of money for a good cause.”
- 1 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 2 Funeral service for 'giant of Aldborough Hatch' Ron Jeffries to be streamed on Facebook
- 3 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 4 Spiritual Life: What next for the great Hindu temples of Redbridge?
- 5 Charge! New fleet of electric vehicles for Redbridge Council
- 6 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 7 Chigwell school puts pupils' baking skills to the test
- 8 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 9 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 10 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence