Sun, scones and stars at Redbridge WIZO event
- Credit: Archant
Boiling hot weather was a bonus for the women of Redbridge Women’s International Zionist Organisation (WIZO) as they hosted a strawberry tea with a special guest.
Manny Robinson, a former editor of the Essex Jewish News, gave a talk about Hollywood in the 1940s.
The group held their fundraising event at the Old Parkonians Association, Forest Road, Barkingside, last Tuesday, and raised £850 for underprivileged women and children in Israel.
Redbridge WIZO secretary Elsa Linder said the day had been a great success.
She said: “It was a very good day but absolutely boiling.
You may also want to watch:
“More than 60 people attended the talk, and we raised a great deal of money for a good cause.”
- 1 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for London Assembly, Loxford and Seven Kings
- 3 Man wanted in connection with dangerous driving incident in Newbury Park
- 4 'No stone will be left unturned' to find killer of Maria Jane Rawlings
- 5 Woman's body found in Chadwell Heath
- 6 Man stabbed in Goodmayes
- 7 Ilford mosque attendees attacked with eggs and stones
- 8 Police car flips over in Chadwell Heath collision
- 9 Mosque director: Ilford egg attack highlights Islamophobia Muslims face
- 10 Detectives hunt for knifepoint phone robber in Woodford Green