Seven day NHS service ‘isn’t possible in Redbridge’ say CCG
- Credit: Archant
A seven day NHS service – one of the government’s key manifesto pledges – would be impossible in Redbridge, according to a representative of the borough’s Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG).
Speaking about GP practices at Tuesday’s Health Scrutiny Committee, in Redbridge Town Hall, Sarah See, director of primary care transformation at Redbridge CCG said: “We know the government wants to bring in a seven day a week service and there are questions whether it is feasible or financially viable.
“Certainly it isn’t possible in Redbridge.”
Ms See’s comments were made during a discussion of out-of-hours GP access in the borough.
Also discussed at the meeting was the closure of Spearpoint Surgery, the practice in King George Hospital.
She said: “We now have three GP hubs open in the evenings and at weekends.”
Patient records are now shared between practices and the hubs, and use has increased by 95 per cent since patients have been able to make their own appointments.
- 1 Murder investigation launched after woman fatally attacked in Ilford
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of Ilford murder as police name victim
- 3 Man dies after being found unresponsive in Valentines Park
- 4 Homes under the Planner: Applications approved or refused in Redbridge
- 5 Air ambulance lands after man stabbed in South Woodford
- 6 Man denies committing GBH during alleged robbery at Barkingside Tesco
- 7 Found: Missing girl who was believed to have travelled to east London
- 8 Guilty: Hainault man admits traffic light stabbing
- 9 Teen found guilty of robbing boy, 12, in Romford while carrying knife
- 10 Goodmayes fatal stabbing: Double murder trial set to open
Patients can make an appointment with a GP hub on the day by calling 020 3770 1888.
For a full report see tomorrow’s Recorder.