Seven day NHS service ‘isn’t possible in Redbridge’ say CCG
- Credit: Archant
A seven day NHS service – one of the government’s key manifesto pledges – would be impossible in Redbridge, according to a representative of the borough’s Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG).
Speaking about GP practices at Tuesday’s Health Scrutiny Committee, in Redbridge Town Hall, Sarah See, director of primary care transformation at Redbridge CCG said: “We know the government wants to bring in a seven day a week service and there are questions whether it is feasible or financially viable.
“Certainly it isn’t possible in Redbridge.”
Ms See’s comments were made during a discussion of out-of-hours GP access in the borough.
Also discussed at the meeting was the closure of Spearpoint Surgery, the practice in King George Hospital.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “We now have three GP hubs open in the evenings and at weekends.”
Patient records are now shared between practices and the hubs, and use has increased by 95 per cent since patients have been able to make their own appointments.
- 1 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 2 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 3 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 4 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 5 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 6 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 7 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 8 Man in hospital after car flips over in Wanstead
- 9 Barkingside axe attack: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, police appeal for witnesses
- 10 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap
Patients can make an appointment with a GP hub on the day by calling 020 3770 1888.
For a full report see tomorrow’s Recorder.