Seven day NHS service ‘isn’t possible in Redbridge’ say CCG
- Credit: Archant
A seven day NHS service – one of the government’s key manifesto pledges – would be impossible in Redbridge, according to a representative of the borough’s Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG).
Speaking about GP practices at Tuesday’s Health Scrutiny Committee, in Redbridge Town Hall, Sarah See, director of primary care transformation at Redbridge CCG said: “We know the government wants to bring in a seven day a week service and there are questions whether it is feasible or financially viable.
“Certainly it isn’t possible in Redbridge.”
Ms See’s comments were made during a discussion of out-of-hours GP access in the borough.
Also discussed at the meeting was the closure of Spearpoint Surgery, the practice in King George Hospital.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “We now have three GP hubs open in the evenings and at weekends.”
Patient records are now shared between practices and the hubs, and use has increased by 95 per cent since patients have been able to make their own appointments.
- 1 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Atam Academy in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 3 Derelict pavilion in Goodmayes Park destroyed by fire
- 4 Have you seen this 17-year-old missing from Ilford?
- 5 Wanstead wine expert launches new shop
- 6 Welcome to Chadwell Heath Spartans, a true family football club
- 7 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 8 Calls to extend school streets consultation
- 9 Double murder charge over stabbings, as police name victims
- 10 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays
Patients can make an appointment with a GP hub on the day by calling 020 3770 1888.
For a full report see tomorrow’s Recorder.