Seven day NHS service ‘isn’t possible in Redbridge’ say CCG
- Credit: Archant
A seven day NHS service – one of the government’s key manifesto pledges – would be impossible in Redbridge, according to a representative of the borough’s Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG).
Speaking about GP practices at Tuesday’s Health Scrutiny Committee, in Redbridge Town Hall, Sarah See, director of primary care transformation at Redbridge CCG said: “We know the government wants to bring in a seven day a week service and there are questions whether it is feasible or financially viable.
“Certainly it isn’t possible in Redbridge.”
Ms See’s comments were made during a discussion of out-of-hours GP access in the borough.
Also discussed at the meeting was the closure of Spearpoint Surgery, the practice in King George Hospital.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “We now have three GP hubs open in the evenings and at weekends.”
Patient records are now shared between practices and the hubs, and use has increased by 95 per cent since patients have been able to make their own appointments.
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 3 ‘Hard to comprehend’: MPs react as Sir David Amess dies after stabbing
- 4 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 5 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 6 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 7 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
- 8 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 9 Six cars damaged and lamppost felled in late-night Loxford crash
- 10 Chadwell Heath pharmacy to offer Covid-19 booster jabs with flu vaccine
Patients can make an appointment with a GP hub on the day by calling 020 3770 1888.
For a full report see tomorrow’s Recorder.