Save King George A&E meeting tonight
- Credit: Geoff Wilson
Ilford North MP Wes Streeting is holding a meeting for the campaign to save King George Hospital’s A&E department tonight.
Speaking at the event, held in the Lambourne Room, Redbridge Town Hall, High Road, Ilford, are Dr Tony O’Sullivan and Vicky Penner.
Dr O’Sullivan is a paediatric consultant at Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust and co-chair of the Keep Our NHS public group, and Ms Penner led the successful save Lewisham Hospital A&E campaign.
Mr Streeting, who has spearheaded the movement to save King George’s A&E department since being elected as an MP in May last year, will also be speaking.
He said: “Now is the time for the community to rally to save our local A&E department at King George Hospital.
You may also want to watch:
“Since the closure decision was taken in 2011 we’ve seen significant population growth, both of our local NHS trusts have been placed in special measures and GPs have struggled to cope.
“We’re calling on the Government to re-open the closure decision, look at the situation in north east London with a fresh pair of eyes and think again.”
- 1 Police appeal to find girl, 12, last seen in Wanstead Park
- 2 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 4 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 5 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 6 Walk-in Covid vaccinations on offer at Valentines Park health fair
- 7 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest
- 8 Man wanted for allegedly driving 'recklessly' in Ilford with baby in car
- 9 Plans for retail park development move step closer
- 10 Dispersal order issued ahead of fears over ‘illegal music events’
The Labour MP added he hoped there would be a fresh review and consultation before any changes to the service.
The meeting is from 7.30pm.