Save King George A&E meeting tonight
- Credit: Geoff Wilson
Ilford North MP Wes Streeting is holding a meeting for the campaign to save King George Hospital’s A&E department tonight.
Speaking at the event, held in the Lambourne Room, Redbridge Town Hall, High Road, Ilford, are Dr Tony O’Sullivan and Vicky Penner.
Dr O’Sullivan is a paediatric consultant at Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust and co-chair of the Keep Our NHS public group, and Ms Penner led the successful save Lewisham Hospital A&E campaign.
Mr Streeting, who has spearheaded the movement to save King George’s A&E department since being elected as an MP in May last year, will also be speaking.
He said: “Now is the time for the community to rally to save our local A&E department at King George Hospital.
You may also want to watch:
“Since the closure decision was taken in 2011 we’ve seen significant population growth, both of our local NHS trusts have been placed in special measures and GPs have struggled to cope.
“We’re calling on the Government to re-open the closure decision, look at the situation in north east London with a fresh pair of eyes and think again.”
- 1 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 2 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 3 Sadiq Khan comes to Redbridge ahead of London elections
- 4 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 5 Loxford and Seven Kings by-election candidates make case for your vote
- 6 Consultation launches on plans to move preschool and open excluded pupils facility at youth centre
- 7 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 8 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 9 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 10 Redbridge parents' group donates more laptops to schools
The Labour MP added he hoped there would be a fresh review and consultation before any changes to the service.
The meeting is from 7.30pm.