Revealed: Redbridge’s eateries with a zero rating for hygiene
- Credit: Archant
Two eateries and two butchers in Redbridge have been slapped with the worst possible hygiene ratings, the Recorder can reveal.
Following inspections by council environmental health officers, all four business have given zero ratings - meaning that “urgent improvement is necessary.”
All were rated according to how hygienically the food is handled, including how it is prepared, cooked, re-heated and cooled.
Officers also considered the condition of the business premises’ structure including the cleanliness, layout, lighting, ventilation and other facilities as well as the way the businesses manages and records what it does to make sure food is safe.
The ratings are then published on the Food Standards Agency website.
You may also want to watch:
Businesses are not required to display their ratings so if you would like to check for yourself you can do so by visiting ratings.food.gov.uk.
- 1 Man airlifted to hospital after Gants Hill house fire
- 2 Sadiq Khan comes to Redbridge ahead of London elections
- 3 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 4 Four further arrests in connection with Sven Badzak stabbing
- 5 Care home resident died after choking on sandwich, inquest hears
- 6 Meeting ex-banker London mayoral candidate Brian Rose
- 7 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 8 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 9 Fire damages Ilford flats