Revealed: Redbridge’s eateries with a zero rating for hygiene
- Credit: Archant
Two eateries and two butchers in Redbridge have been slapped with the worst possible hygiene ratings, the Recorder can reveal.
Following inspections by council environmental health officers, all four business have given zero ratings - meaning that “urgent improvement is necessary.”
All were rated according to how hygienically the food is handled, including how it is prepared, cooked, re-heated and cooled.
Officers also considered the condition of the business premises’ structure including the cleanliness, layout, lighting, ventilation and other facilities as well as the way the businesses manages and records what it does to make sure food is safe.
The ratings are then published on the Food Standards Agency website.
You may also want to watch:
Businesses are not required to display their ratings so if you would like to check for yourself you can do so by visiting ratings.food.gov.uk.
- 1 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 2 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 3 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 4 Homebuilder steps back from proposals over rising projected costs
- 5 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 6 Council seeks public input after York Road anti-social behaviour concerns
- 7 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 8 Ilford care home nominated for two national awards
- 9 Valentines Park bench dedicated to couple described as 'pillars of community'
- 10 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash