Revealed: Redbridge’s eateries with a zero rating for hygiene
- Credit: Archant
Two eateries and two butchers in Redbridge have been slapped with the worst possible hygiene ratings, the Recorder can reveal.
Following inspections by council environmental health officers, all four business have given zero ratings - meaning that “urgent improvement is necessary.”
All were rated according to how hygienically the food is handled, including how it is prepared, cooked, re-heated and cooled.
Officers also considered the condition of the business premises’ structure including the cleanliness, layout, lighting, ventilation and other facilities as well as the way the businesses manages and records what it does to make sure food is safe.
The ratings are then published on the Food Standards Agency website.
You may also want to watch:
Businesses are not required to display their ratings so if you would like to check for yourself you can do so by visiting ratings.food.gov.uk.
- 1 Ilford man raises awareness of 'life-saving' gadget after dad's death
- 2 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 3 Woman had phone stolen at knife-point in Woodford Green
- 4 Funeral service for 'giant of Aldborough Hatch' Ron Jeffries to be streamed on Facebook
- 5 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 6 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 7 'Help people find moments of beauty within the trauma': BHRUT chaplain supports staff during pandemic
- 8 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 9 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Atam Academy in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Charge! New fleet of electric vehicles for Redbridge Council