Redbridge ranked second most hygienic London borough for nightlife
- Credit: PA
Redbridge is the second most hygienic borough in London for a night out, according to a study.
More than 80 per cent of all pubs and clubs in the area were given a five rating in their latest Food Standards Agency (FSA) inspection.
The study by Property Inspect, based on data from the FSA, found Hammersmith and Fulham was the most hygienic borough, with just under 82pc of venues receiving a five.
Elsewhere in east London, Hackney was found to be the least hygienic, with just under 43pc of venues holding a rating of five.
Across the UK, 63.71 per cent of all pubs, clubs and bars are rated five for hygiene and only 0.94pc are rated one.
Warrick Swift, commercial director of Property Inspect, said venues with hygiene ratings below three could lose a significant amount of custom as cleanliness becomes more important to consumers amid the pandemic.
- 1 Fairlop Waters car park to transform into ice-rink for Christmas
- 2 Mercato Metropolitano to host taster market in Ilford
- 3 Thief threatened woman with bottle at Ilford High Road Sainsbury's Local
- 4 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 5 Call for witnesses after man, 54, dies following Eastern Avenue collision
- 6 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 7 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 8 Covid-19: How Redbridge's current figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 9 Which Underground lines are affected today
- 10 Festivities planned to mark Ilford's Christmas lights switch-on