Redbridge residents invited to air their hospital views
- Credit: Archant
Redbridge residents are invited to attend a meeting tonight to air their views about the care they have received from the local hospital trust.
The meeting, at Redbridge Town Hall, High Road, Ilford at 6.30pm, will help Care Quality Commission (CQC) inspectors decide what to look at when they inspect King George Hospital in Goodmayes and Queen’s Hospital in Romford this month.
Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospital Trust (BHRUT) is one of 18 to be inspected under radical changes being introduced by the CQC.
Chief Inspector Professor Sir Mike Richards said: “The new inspections are designed to provide people with a clear picture of the quality of the services in their local hospital, exposing poor or mediocre care as well as highlighting the many hospitals providing good and excellent care.
“We know there is too much variation in quality – these new in-depth inspections will allow us to get a much more detailed picture of care in hospitals than ever before.
You may also want to watch:
“Of course we will be talking to doctors and nurses, hospital managers and patients in the hospital. “But it is vital that we also hear the views of the people who have had care at either of the hospitals run by the trust, or anyone who wants to share information with us.”
BHRUT was one of the six trusts labelled “high risk” by the CQC when their inspection plans were announced in July.
- 1 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 2 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 3 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 4 Olympian-trained South Woodford sprinter, 8, breaks record in Manchester
- 5 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 6 Barkingside man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences
- 7 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 8 The Sikh Network on grieving in lockdown and death 'as a process of life'
- 9 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 10 Litter in Redbridge parks quadruples in one year, council reveals