Redbridge residents invited to air their hospital views
- Credit: Archant
Redbridge residents are invited to attend a meeting tonight to air their views about the care they have received from the local hospital trust.
The meeting, at Redbridge Town Hall, High Road, Ilford at 6.30pm, will help Care Quality Commission (CQC) inspectors decide what to look at when they inspect King George Hospital in Goodmayes and Queen’s Hospital in Romford this month.
Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospital Trust (BHRUT) is one of 18 to be inspected under radical changes being introduced by the CQC.
Chief Inspector Professor Sir Mike Richards said: “The new inspections are designed to provide people with a clear picture of the quality of the services in their local hospital, exposing poor or mediocre care as well as highlighting the many hospitals providing good and excellent care.
“We know there is too much variation in quality – these new in-depth inspections will allow us to get a much more detailed picture of care in hospitals than ever before.
You may also want to watch:
“Of course we will be talking to doctors and nurses, hospital managers and patients in the hospital. “But it is vital that we also hear the views of the people who have had care at either of the hospitals run by the trust, or anyone who wants to share information with us.”
BHRUT was one of the six trusts labelled “high risk” by the CQC when their inspection plans were announced in July.
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 4 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 5 ‘Hard to comprehend’: MPs react as Sir David Amess dies after stabbing
- 6 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 7 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
- 8 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 9 Six cars damaged and lamppost felled in late-night Loxford crash
- 10 Chadwell Heath pharmacy to offer Covid-19 booster jabs with flu vaccine