Redbridge residents invited to air their hospital views
- Credit: Archant
Redbridge residents are invited to attend a meeting tonight to air their views about the care they have received from the local hospital trust.
The meeting, at Redbridge Town Hall, High Road, Ilford at 6.30pm, will help Care Quality Commission (CQC) inspectors decide what to look at when they inspect King George Hospital in Goodmayes and Queen’s Hospital in Romford this month.
Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospital Trust (BHRUT) is one of 18 to be inspected under radical changes being introduced by the CQC.
Chief Inspector Professor Sir Mike Richards said: “The new inspections are designed to provide people with a clear picture of the quality of the services in their local hospital, exposing poor or mediocre care as well as highlighting the many hospitals providing good and excellent care.
“We know there is too much variation in quality – these new in-depth inspections will allow us to get a much more detailed picture of care in hospitals than ever before.
You may also want to watch:
“Of course we will be talking to doctors and nurses, hospital managers and patients in the hospital. “But it is vital that we also hear the views of the people who have had care at either of the hospitals run by the trust, or anyone who wants to share information with us.”
BHRUT was one of the six trusts labelled “high risk” by the CQC when their inspection plans were announced in July.
- 1 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for London Assembly, Loxford and Seven Kings
- 3 Man wanted in connection with dangerous driving incident in Newbury Park
- 4 'No stone will be left unturned' to find killer of Maria Jane Rawlings
- 5 Man stabbed in Goodmayes
- 6 Woman's body found in Chadwell Heath
- 7 Mosque director: Ilford egg attack highlights Islamophobia Muslims face
- 8 Police car flips over in Chadwell Heath collision
- 9 Ilford mosque attendees attacked with eggs and stones
- 10 Have you seen Casey, 16, missing from Ilford?