Redbridge GP surgery helping people stay healthy with live online yoga
- Credit: Archant
A Redbridge GP surgery is launching free, online yoga and meditation sessions for all from this week – to help people manage their mental and physical health during lockdown.
Aldersbrook Medical Centre will host the 45-minute sessions live online, every Wednesday at 1pm, and will also be available for another 24 hours to download.
Practice partner Dr Gopal Mehta said: “With all the pressures people are going through, we hope these sessions can really help.
“We hope this gives people a chance to try something different, that they can do at home, to really boost their physical wellbeing and mental health.
“We’ll be getting on the yoga mat ourselves and encouraging everyone – patients, local residents, everyone anywhere to join in online - it’s open to all.”
You may also want to watch:
Visit www.aldersbrookmedicalcentre.nhs.uk/ or by follow the practice on social media to join in.
- 1 Consultation on proposed controlled parking zones to begin
- 2 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 3 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 4 Almost 250 homes without internet in Goodmayes after car accident takes out telecoms box
- 5 Covid outbreak at Woodford Green care home delays vaccinations
- 6 Double murder charge over stabbings, as police name victims
- 7 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 8 Redevelopment plans likely to be approved despite 144 objections
- 9 Life sentence for Chigwell man convicted of murder
- 10 Council left homeless family 'stuck in cycle of instability', report finds