Redbridge GP surgery helping people stay healthy with live online yoga
- Credit: Archant
A Redbridge GP surgery is launching free, online yoga and meditation sessions for all from this week – to help people manage their mental and physical health during lockdown.
Aldersbrook Medical Centre will host the 45-minute sessions live online, every Wednesday at 1pm, and will also be available for another 24 hours to download.
Practice partner Dr Gopal Mehta said: “With all the pressures people are going through, we hope these sessions can really help.
“We hope this gives people a chance to try something different, that they can do at home, to really boost their physical wellbeing and mental health.
“We’ll be getting on the yoga mat ourselves and encouraging everyone – patients, local residents, everyone anywhere to join in online - it’s open to all.”
You may also want to watch:
Visit www.aldersbrookmedicalcentre.nhs.uk/ or by follow the practice on social media to join in.
- 1 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 2 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 3 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 4 Olympian-trained South Woodford sprinter, 8, breaks record in Manchester
- 5 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 6 Barkingside man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences
- 7 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 8 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 9 The Sikh Network on grieving in lockdown and death 'as a process of life'
- 10 'Darkest days of my life': Six-year-old diagnosed with rare condition suffers OCD, anxiety and depressive symptoms