Redbridge dementia action group set up
- Credit: Archant
A new group formed by Redbridge organisations to help support those living with dementia has been launched.
The Redbridge Dementia Action Alliance (DAA) held its opening event at the IRDSA Hall, in Craven Gardens, Barkingside.
Its members include the London Fire Brigade Redbridge, the Redbridge Respite Care Association and the Alzheimer’s Society.
The event, which included guest speakers and a Singing for the Brain taster session, saw 50 people become Dementia Friends.
Nina Coulson, the Alzheimer’s Society’s DAA co-ordinator, said: “We were so delighted to see so many of Redbridge’s businesses and services at the launch of the DAA, committing to helping people in the community live well with dementia.”
You may also want to watch:
Members of the DAA take three actions to improve their services for people with dementia. Examples include educating staff and working with taxi companies to make travel easier for sufferers.
To find out about becoming a member of the Redbridge DAA, email Nina on firstname.lastname@example.org, call 077256 39970 or visit dementiaaction.org.uk.
- 1 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 2 95pc of children get place at first or second choice primary school
- 3 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 4 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 5 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 6 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 7 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 8 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 9 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 10 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home