Redbridge care company staff stop making home visits in unofficial strike
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
A Redbridge care company offering home visits to vulnerable elderly residents has allegedly been struck by staff walkouts after a payment dispute.
The Recorder understands that nurses at De Vere Care, in Bourne Court, Woodford Green, have not been paid by the company for their work and have stopped attending visits.
It is alleged the company is currently in financial difficulties.
The son of a 99-year-old woman who receives care said he was very concerned about the lack of information.
He said: “We have had incidents before where carers haven’t turned up.
You may also want to watch:
“This morning, my sister was contacted by a conscientious carer who warned her of issues with the company.
“De Vere hasn’t told us anything and we don’t really know what’s going to happen.
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 4 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 5 ‘Hard to comprehend’: MPs react as Sir David Amess dies after stabbing
- 6 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 7 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
- 8 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 9 Six cars damaged and lamppost felled in late-night Loxford crash
- 10 Chadwell Heath pharmacy to offer Covid-19 booster jabs with flu vaccine
“She is meant to have four visits a day but we have no news.”
A Redbridge Council spokeswoman confirmed the authority was aware of the issues.
She said: “We are disappointed with the situation concerning De Vere Care, and council staff have been taking urgent action with other home care providers to ensure that everybody affected receives support and care.
“We’re seeking reassurances that this will not be repeated in the future.”
De Vere Care management have been contacted for comment.