Redbridge care company staff stop making home visits in unofficial strike
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
A Redbridge care company offering home visits to vulnerable elderly residents has allegedly been struck by staff walkouts after a payment dispute.
The Recorder understands that nurses at De Vere Care, in Bourne Court, Woodford Green, have not been paid by the company for their work and have stopped attending visits.
It is alleged the company is currently in financial difficulties.
The son of a 99-year-old woman who receives care said he was very concerned about the lack of information.
He said: “We have had incidents before where carers haven’t turned up.
You may also want to watch:
“This morning, my sister was contacted by a conscientious carer who warned her of issues with the company.
“De Vere hasn’t told us anything and we don’t really know what’s going to happen.
- 1 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 2 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 3 'A race against time' - 18,000 people in Redbridge have received Covid jab
- 4 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 5 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 6 Little Gearies development plans pass following hours of discussion over Barkingside estate
- 7 Political fight as council shifts money away from opposition party
- 8 Seven Kings novelist among winners of London Writers Awards
- 9 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Atam Academy in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Fly-tipping initiative at Redbridge Council up for national award
“She is meant to have four visits a day but we have no news.”
A Redbridge Council spokeswoman confirmed the authority was aware of the issues.
She said: “We are disappointed with the situation concerning De Vere Care, and council staff have been taking urgent action with other home care providers to ensure that everybody affected receives support and care.
“We’re seeking reassurances that this will not be repeated in the future.”
De Vere Care management have been contacted for comment.